Complaint Review: National Magazine Exchange

• Reported By: KBobadilla — Chambersburg Pennsylvania
National Magazine Exchange
8285 Bryan Dairy Rd #150 Seminole, Florida USA

National Magazine Exchange Harassment, Greedy Seminole Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I worked for National Magazine Exchange-they ARE a SCAM!!!!

I have been harassed by this company for over a year. I'm not sure how they got my number, but somehow they talked me into buying magazines. Before the subscription was even over, they began to call me about reordering magazines and entering me in some sweepstakes. I changed my credit card number so that they would stop billing me for things I did not order and ever since then, they have been harassing me. Evey time they call they tell me the calls are recorded, but that is obviously a lie. I tell them every time to stop calling me and that I do not want to buy anything else from them. If they recorded these calls they would have it on record to stop calling me. I'm pretty sure this is illegal soliciting, and if not it is definitely harassment. I do not owe them any money. I return to sender all magazines sent to my home. They call at all hours of the day, incessantly. It is really driving me off the deep end. I am on the national do not call registry so they should have never called my phone in the first place. The next step would be to change my phone number, which would only cost me more money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Magazine-Exchange/-Seminole-Florida-33777/National-Magazine-Exchange-Harassment-Greedy-Seminole-Florida-1067536. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Magazine Exchange

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I worked for National Magazine Exchange-they ARE a SCAM!!!!

AUTHOR: Mary - ()

First of all, sorry this happened to you.  I worked for National Magazine Exchange (NME) for 1 day and I just wanted to confirm that this place is a COMPLETE SCAM!!!  It made me sick of the tactics they use to trick people into giving them their debit and credit cards under the false guise of "receiving a good deal on a magazine".  They teach sales agents how you treat customers rudely and ignore them repeatedly saying "no" to their completely lie filled scripts.  Please a file a BBB complaint against NME so we can get this place shut down.  Most of the workers there are homeless and completely desperate and can't get jobs anywhere else so they have to resort to scamming customers.  The trainers teach sales agents there to "leave your morals and ethics at the door" when you work there.  It's sickening and I am a good person and couldn't scam people like that.

essentially