Complaint Review: National Merchant Center

• Submitted: Thu, August 19, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, March 30, 2011

• Reported By: brian — Spring Hill Florida United States of America
18300 Von Karman Avenue Suite 850 Irvine, California United States of America

National Merchant Center LL Merchant Solutions They stole $30,000 -- sued them and found out they declared bankruptcy over a year ago Irvine, California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Alex Pitt

*Author of original report: NMC update

*Author of original report: Issue resolved

I setup a merchant account to process credit cards for my business with National Merchant Center (NMC) in March 2010. I processed for one month, then they held onto $30, 000 and never released it to my account. I filed a civil lawsuit against them for the theft of the money, and they responded in August 2010 that they had declared bankruptcy in November 2009. I paid $5, 000 for the law firm to represent me in this case.

The owners Alexy Pitt and Roman Balanko are Russian immigrants defrauding small business owners in the US. We will fight them until we get the money they stole from us. Don't let them scam you and steal your money.

The following are the names of people at the company. They list several addresses for their headquarters:

Roman Balanko, CEO / CIO / Executive Vice President

Employment e-mail: jobs@nationalmerchant.com
Address: 18300 Von Karman Avenue Suite 850, Irvine, CA 92612
Address: 3194 Airport Loop Dr, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, 714-662-6800
Address: 8855 Research Drive, Irvine, CA 92618

The processor who setup the application with this firm that defrauded me are as follows:

Samantha Lam
LL Merchant Solutions
samantha@llmerchantsolutions.com
Office: 714-884-4085
Cell: 760-636-2376
Fax: 949-266-5859

Jerry Lai <-- sound familiar?
LL Merchant Solutions
jerry@llmerchantsolutions.com
Office: 714-884-4085

Payment Gateway:

Notice of their bankruptcy filing:

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2010 12:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Merchant-Center/Irvine-California-92612/National-Merchant-Center-LL-Merchant-Solutions-They-stole-30000-sued-them-and-found-o-633052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Merchant Center

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Alex Pitt

AUTHOR: Response - (United States of America)

Alex Pitt resigned from National Merchant Center in April 2008 and has no involvement with this company or this complaint.  Please ensure your information is correct.

Thank you.

NMC update

AUTHOR: brian727 - (United States of America)

October 19, 2010

This statement has been posted to inform the readers that I, Brian Mcgrogan, made the mistake of submitting this report before I made all efforts to resolve the issue with National Merchant Center. My original post states that National Merchant Center held $30,000 and never released it to my account. What I failed to understand, prior to posting the report, was that National Merchant Center was only holding on to my funds because my business was suffering from severe chargeback issues and it is because of these chargeback issues, I was placing myself, my company and National Merchant Center in significant financial risk. It is my understanding that my chargeback issues were much more serious then I realized; which is why they had no choice but to close my merchant account and hold $30,000 until all chargeback exposure had depleted. Since then, National Merchant Center has released a majority of my funds and will be releasing the remainder very soon.

Because National Merchant Center explained this issue to me and started releasing funds ,once the chargeback exposure on the account had reduced significantly, I now realize just how much I over reacted to a situation that could have been resolved if I was a little more patient. National Merchant Center also explained to me that their bankruptcy did not affect any of the funds that were held because these funds were protected and could not be spent by National Merchant Center unless a loss occurred on my merchant account.

I whole heartedly apologize for making the comment: The owners Alexy Pitt and Roman Balanko are Russian immigrants defrauding small business owners in the US. Neither owner is defrauding small businesses. My comment was rude and uncalled for and I should have put more thought into this report before I submitted it.

Finally, I apologize to the following people for posting their names on to Rip off Report before actually working with National Merchant Center to resolve this issue:

Roman Balanko

Alexy Pitt

Jimmy Lai

Samantha Lam

Jerry Lai

If you are a business looking to process with National Merchant Center, I truly hope you will read this response and consider working with them. Although I had an altercation with them, we were able to resolve the issue fairly and without the use of the legal system.

Sincerely

Brian Mcgrogan

Issue resolved

AUTHOR: brian727 - (United States of America)

This issue was resolved and I obtained a satisfactory result.