Complaint Review: National One Telecom

• Submitted: Mon, August 02, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, August 26, 2004

• Reported By:virginia beach Virginia
National One Telecom
www.nationalone.com Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

National One Telecom fraudulant billing and threats of bad credit if not paid Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: another fraudulant billing and bad bad credit

National one has now sent me two bills. One is for $212 and the second an additional $84. They have also had my local phone company bill me $147.

After the first bill I determined it was a scam. I figured I would't pay and see what happened. However I received my phone bill Friday and if I don't pay that, no phone. I am trying to resolve this with my phone company but getting nowhere with capitol one telecom.

I sent an email to cutomer service online asking that the charges be removed because we had not been to any pay-per-view websites(yes I'm positive). I got a standard reply and a not so veiled threat that not paying would result in collections and a bad mark on my credit.
We have a detailed billing from AOL that shows nobody was online the time of any of these calls(4 total)

I have file complaint with IFCC and will consider an attorney if necessary.

If I have to live with no phone and a bad credit mark so be it. They will not get a dime from me.

Amy
virginia beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2004 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-One-Telecom/Dallas-Texas-75261-2608/National-One-Telecom-fraudulant-billing-and-threats-of-bad-credit-if-not-paid-Dallas-Texas-101749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National One Telecom

another fraudulant billing and bad bad credit

AUTHOR: Edward - (U.S.A.)

overcharged by $52.00 error came about when someone fraudulant used my telephone number to make a telephone call to the United Kingdom

I dont know how my telephone number got into this mess. I dont know any person living in the United Kingdom and did not attempt to make any telephone calls to the UK or attempt to connect to any pay per view movies.

I dont know what to do now. I sent a letter to National One Telecome . About two months passed with no response from national one. response from local phone co was no help at all.