Complaint Review: National Readers of Northsanta Rosa CA

• Updated: Mon, April 29, 2013

• Reported By: Louise — Pembroke Ontario
National Readers of Northsanta Rosa CA
37th St. Union Hill Union City, New Jersey United States of America

National Readers of Northsanta Rosa CA Received a telephone solicitation from National Readers of Northsanta Rosa CA for a 5 year subsciption paid $57.50 US for 1 year Union City, New Jersey

On January 3rd, 2013 I received a call from Narional Readers of Northsanta Rosa, CA but not identified as such. They offered me a 3 magazine subscription for 5 years at a monthly cost of $57.50 US for 1 year. I requested the information in writing which they provided so that I could decide which subscriptions I would like. On that day they went into my mother's visa # and charges her $58.47 Cdn. I left on the 7th of January for the USA and returned the 11th of Feb. 2013.

On my return I had 2 magazines sent fo me from a Magazine Publishers Service located in Montreal. I immediately had my mother cancel her visa card and sent a letter to the company in Montreal that I did not agree with the terms of the agreement sent to me and to cancel any further magazines. I received an invoice instead for $115.00 dated March 25, 2013. I received a call from the # 1-201-537-5475 demanding that I pay the full amount for the year as I did not cancel the original order within 10 days of the phone call. I discussed what I had done with the letter and that I did not want the subscription. They became

obnoxious and advised they would call me to discuss payment arrangements. I told them I was not paying them a penny more as I did not want the service.

They began harassing me on the phone shortly thereafter and told me they would send it to a collection bureau. I told them to go ahead and do that. They would call from the #1-201-537-5475 on an automatic re-dial system every day between 4:45 and 5:30. I answered a call in the middle of the day in late April as I realized it would not be electronic and spoke to an agent who wanted me to remit the funds they said I owed. I told her that I was not paying and that I a was reporting this # to the police for harassement.

I had already contacted my telephone company but the service they provide would not block this type of number. I also put the number on the National do not call registry at www.Innte-dnci.gc.ca but was advised that it takes approximately 31 days for the number to be registered.

Needless to say I still have not sent any money and the telephone calls have stopped but I will need to review mine and my mother's credit report to ensure that no report was made by this scammer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2013 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Readers-of-Northsanta-Rosa-CA/Union-City-New-Jersey-/National-Readers-of-Northsanta-Rosa-CA-Received-a-telephone-solicitation-from-National-R-1046848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Readers of Northsanta Rosa CA