Complaint Review: National Union Fire Insurance Company

• Updated: Sat, March 27, 2010

• Reported By: Dee — DeLand Florida United States of America
National Union Fire Insurance Company
PO Box 44260 Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

National Union Fire Insurance Company Jonathan Yee - Vice President of Direct Marketing Insurance Scam Jacksonville, Florida

Recently my husband had been a victim of internet fraud on his checking account. This was about a month ago and now today he received two letters from National Union Fire Insurance Company out of Jacksonville, FL That state the following verbatim excluding name. "Dear ........ We're sorry to inform you that your insurance coverage lapsed because we didn't receive your premium payment by the date indicated above. But you can still save your important protection if you act immediately. All you have to do is mail in the payment notice below plus your check or money order for the quarterly, semi-annual or annual premium shown above to National Union Fire Insurance Company in the enclosed envelope. Mail your payment to us immediatley! We must receive your payment within 10 days to automatcally reinstate your insurance. If you have any questions about your insurance-or if we can help you in any way-please call our Customer Service Center toll-free at 800-863-0641 weekdays between 7 a.m.-10p.m. eastern time, or Saturdays between 7 a.m.-3 p.m. eastern time. At Nationa Union Fire Insurance Company, we value you as a loyal customer and appreciate your business. Sincerely, Jonathan Yee Vice President of Direct Marketing."

First of all any insurance my husband and I have ever had in the last 24 years of marriage has been in my name as the primary policy holder because he doesn't know squat about insurance companies. Second of all I would never do business with an insurance company that is not A rated and that I have never even heard of. Third of al we received two of thse letters both with different policy numbers that are one digit apart. One letter shows the following quarterly, semi-annually and annually amounts 95.70, 191.40 382.80 and the second letter shows 44.85, 89.70, 179.40. I would love to know what type of insurance this is for those drastic differences in policy amounts. Especially since I work in law enforcement and have all of our health insurance, dental insurance and life insurance through my employer and our renters insurance and vehicle insurance is through a special company that only insures law enforcement, emt, paramedic and other emergency personnel.

I honestly believe this is a scam and if there is ANY money fraudulantly taken from my husband's accounts I will prosecute to the full extent of the law. I will also be advising our bank about this first thing Monday morning as to protect us from this scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2010 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Union-Fire-Insurance-Company/Jacksonville-Florida-32231-9905/National-Union-Fire-Insurance-Company-Jonathan-Yee-Vice-President-of-Direct-Marketing-In-586285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Union Fire Insurance Company