tool

Complaint Review: national van lines, inc.

• Submitted: Fri, January 04, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 08, 2013

• Reported By: cmoore — woodside California United States of America
national van lines, inc.
2800 roosevelt rd. broadview, Illinois United States of America

national van lines, inc. beware national van lines liars & thieves broadview, Illinois

*Author of original report: Thank- you National Van lines

*UPDATE Employee: Please Contact My Department

BEWARE National Van Lines outta Broadview Il. & their corhorts Zorn Moving Co. from San Jose. I contracted with NVL 6 wk.s b4 the actual move, to avoid last minute hassles. AS IF!! I still had to insist they hold to our contracted arranged pick-up time, as they tried more than once to wiggle out of the  written agreement- which ended in them last-minute hiring Zorn to meet their commitment- this 'shuttle' cost me $800.00 + $100.00 cash tip for the crew of 3- It was the last time I saw some of my things- on the back of a pick-up!!
Even tho' I spoke with the long-distance driver SEVERAL times once the transfer (which apparently took place in Wal-Mart parking lot!) to the cross-country truck had taken place, he barely made it with-in the time period allowed- first taking my load to his home (!) in Ark. or someplace, for several days of R&R!! while I was racing across country in an attempt to meet the truck! He also neglected to tell me there were additional "weight" charges due until 7 a.m. Mon. when he actually arrived @ the drop-off site!! This left me scrambling for an additional $1,500.00 in funds b4 the banks were even open. Fortunately, my credit card co. RAISED MY LIMIT to meet this unexpected & extensive amount!
Because I was so frazzled by this ransom - not to mention exhausted from the moving ordeal itself, I was not as vigilant as I should have been @ the unloading & it was several wk.s b4 I got thru the unpacking to discover 4 boxes of items were missing- the value lost = to $3,000. in replacement costs- & not all WAS replaceable, some being family heirlooms,,,
I STILL gave these people the benefit of the doubt! It was only in the contacting & re-contacting them about the missing things that I realized I had been ripped-off from beginning to end! I spoke with every person who had handled my things, & no one knew anything about it, of course- why would they? It's only their JOB!! For which I paid them handsomely to perform!
Of course they all pointed fingers @ each other - & @ me!!- for hiring them in the 1st place I guess- & suggesting since MOST of my load had been delivered there wasn't really an issue!
 Then they excused themselves from ANY responsibility, saying I couldn't prove the existence of the non-existent boxes NOT delivered!! Talk about catch-22!
All told, a move that shoulda cost less than $3,000.00 ended up costing me more than $10,000.!!
DO NOT HIRE THESE LIARS & THIEVES!!
  They say moving is = to a death in the family, in which case, this co. & others like them are PREYING on an unsuspecting & emotionally compromised public. BEWARE!! Apparently I got off easy. YOU may not be so 'lucky'-

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2013 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/national-van-lines-inc/broadview-Illinois-60155-3756/national-van-lines-inc-beware-national-van-lines-liars-thieves-broadview-Illinois-991255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on national van lines, inc.

Thank- you National Van lines

AUTHOR: cmoore - (United States of America)

I am happy to report that my posting on Rip-off has brought immediate & $atisfactory resolution to my issues with them. Thank-you National Van Lines & THANK YOU Rip-off Report!!

Please Contact My Department

AUTHOR: Jorja - (U.S.A.)

I would like to assist in anyway I can to find a resolution for you.  Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Jorja Coulter, Vice President