Complaint Review: NationStar Mortgage

• Updated: Tue, August 06, 2013

• Reported By: Sharon — Heber Springs Arkansas
NationStar Mortgage
350 Highland Drive Lewisville, Texas USA

NationStar Mortgage Made a mockery of Obama's Make Home Affordable Program Lewisville Texas

My loan was sold by BofA to NationStar in Nov. 2012, after agreeing to a loan modification before the 2nd payment was due. Did not hear from NationStar until the end of Dec 2012. Finally made contact with them in Feb. 2013, and agreed to apply for Make Home Affordable in Feb. 2013, Since then it has been a complete nightmare. We would give them a time we could be reached to discuss things (both full time jobs) and they would call when we were working. Then papers were missing and I email, faxed, mailed papers they said were missing, forms we didn't receive in the original packets, some I had never heard of before.This went on for a couple months and we would be told that the underwriters were making a decision. In April I found my home on a foreclosure site with a per-foreclosure auction date of June 4th. I contacted NationStar and was told that things would go foreword by as long as the underwriters were reviewing my MHA application that the sale would be put on hold. The the sale started hitting the local newspaper and for 4 weeks I called NationStar and was told that the sale would not happen as long as the underwriters had my MHA application. On May 29th I called the Auction Company and they told me they had not rec. a hold put on the auction. I repeatedly called, emailed, left messages with no response from NationStar after talking with the Auction Co. On June 4th I went to the auction, and discovered that NationStar called the Auction company with a starting bid of $218,000, which is more than the home is worth. After the auction I received a letter from NationStar that was dated the day after the auction June 5th, telling me that they still had my MHA under review and would have a decision by July 5th. I finally was able to speak to NationStar a different representative (the foreclosure representative given on the letters never returned a phone call to me) I had to deal with whatever person actually answered the call. After telling the new rep. the whole story he told me he would research and have an answer on a spec. date and time and he would call us, (I took off from work to be there for the call, which never came), when we finally made contact with him again, he said he did not have an answer and to call back in a week. After that we were unable to make contact with anyone again. On July 3rd we received or Cash for Keys with under 30 days to comply. We contacted the auction co. and told them we had been still waiting for an answer from NationStar on the MHA program and that we needed more time and was told to write a letter requesting more time, which we did and had it certified to the auction co. Still no formal denial from the underwriters at NationStar. We contacted NationStar once again got another rep to answer, whom told us as soon as it sold at auction it void the MHA consideration and basically that is all he would say to us. So we scrambled to find a place to relocate to and trying to move 24 years of stuff in less than 30 days. On July 31st (because we never rec. an answer to the request for more time) we called the auction co. that the Cash for Keys came from and requested more time and he gave us 30 days, that we have not rec. in the mail yet. On Aug 3rd we rec. a summons that a lawsuit has been filed against us by NationStar that we unlawfully detaining them from the property, that was filed on July 5th with the circuit clerk. So after 24 years and dealing with NationStar for the last 7 months I have lost my home and would like to know if there is anything I can do about it. If I had money for lawyers I would not be in this situation to begin with.

Sharon Shafer

arkeshar@hotmail.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2013 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NationStar-Mortgage/Lewisville-Texas-75067/NationStar-Mortgage-Made-a-mockery-of-Obamas-Make-Home-Affordable-Program-Lewisville-Tex-1073195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NationStar Mortgage