Complaint Review: Nationstar Mortgage

• Submitted: Mon, May 03, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, September 29, 2010

• Reported By: Natalie — Chandler Arizona U.S.A.
Nationstar Mortgage
350 Highland Drive Lewisville, Texas United States of America

Nationstar Mortgage Nationstar violated HAMP guidelines as well as spirit and intent of program. Lewisville, Texas

*General Comment: Complain to the correct agency

I submitted documentation under HAMP on October 9, 2009 and heard nothing from Nationstar until I received their denial letter dated April 15, 2010. They claim something was missing from my info packet. In fact, the paystubs they think are missing do not exist. As I explained in Oct. 2009, I don't receive paystubs. My pay and Social Security benefits are direct deposited. I supplied employment letters, benefits award notices, W-2s, tax returns, etc., which more than satisfied the program's need for financial information. When I asked why they didn't just let me know they thought my packet was incomplete, their response was "Because we're not required to". I made all trial payments in full and on time.

Instead of HAMP, they of course offered me their more expensive in-house modification plan or else face foreclosure on June 15, 2010. The only reason I know that date is because of mail I received from a local realtor offering to handle a short sale.

In all dealings with Nationstar, they've been sneaky, slimey and downright liars. They make the entire mortgage business look bad. By violating the guidelines, as well as the spirit and intent of the Making Home Affordable program, I hope the government shuts them down once and for all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2010 12:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationstar-Mortgage/Lewisville-Texas-75067/Nationstar-Mortgage-Nationstar-violated-HAMP-guidelines-as-well-as-spirit-and-intent-of-p-599407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationstar Mortgage

#1 General Comment

Complain to the correct agency

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

You filed this report as a consumer living in Arizona. Your best bet is to file a complaint with the Arizona Department of Financial Institutions, which licenses Nationstar to do business in Arizona. Their web page which deals in complaints is: http://www.azdfi.gov/CAD/Intro.htm

Hoping that Nationstar gets "shut down" is not enough. Please consider filing a formal complaint if you haven't already done so.