Complaint Review: Nationstar Mortgage

• Reported By: Chris L. — Nipomo California
Nationstar Mortgage
350 Highland Drive Lewisville , Texas USA

Nationstar Mortgage The Ultimate Word Game Lewisville Texas

In March 2012 I was granted a loan modification under the "Making Home Affordable" program by Aurora Loan Services. In July of 2012, I received a letter stating Aurora had filed for bankruptcy and Nationstar Mortgage would service my loan. My payment including taxes and insurance was supposed to be a fixed rate payment upon which the interest rate would increase slightly in March of 2017.

In July of 2013, Nationstar informed me that my payment amount was increasing by $112.00 per month. I had lost my job only days after receiving the modified payment in 2012. I have been able to stay current, barely but when the payment was raised I did not have the extra money. I sent a letter with my regular payment stating that I was disputing the charges because it far exceeded the 31% of my income rule. I sent a cashiers check for regular payment before the increase. All were sent return receipt.

I received no statement in July, by the end of the month I knew something weird was up. I contacted Nationstar and was told my statement had been sent on July 3rd. The representative said she would send a duplicate. Two days later, I received a statement demanding almost three times my regular payment. The statement said I was in default because I missed the July payment. When I called I was told that my payment had not been raised $112.00 a month that is was my escrow account that had been raised. I was also told that the cashiers check I sent had been placed in a suspension account. My next statement will demand 4 to almost 5 times the regular payment.

These must be the most outrageous word games ever practiced in this society! If an individual attempted to manipulate a contract the way these vultures have successfully been able to do, it would be grounds for a huge lawsuit. Why does the Federal government allow these criminals to continue to operate in such a decietful fashion. Every time I speak to someone in this organization, I am told a completely different story. They are liars, cheats and extortionists plain and simple. When is there going to be any truth in lending restored by this inept, self centered, egotistical Congress? Apparently, honest and fair dealing with consumers is a thing of the past. In a very few generations, home ownership will be reserved only for the wealthiest people. The middleclass has been pretty effectively dismantled. Can we have some real, honest legislation to stop these crooks once and for all?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2013 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationstar-Mortgage/Lewisville-Texas-75067/Nationstar-Mortgage-The-Ultimate-Word-Game-Lewisville-Texas-1073844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationstar Mortgage