Complaint Review: Nationstar Mortgage

• Reported By: Amy — Galesburg Illinois
Nationstar Mortgage
350 Highland Dr Lewisville, Texas USA

Nationstar Mortgage Won't Finalize Modification Lewisville Texas

My home mortgage was sold by Bank of America (BOA) to Nationstar Mortgage.  i was in the midst of a loan modification process.  When I got to Nationstar, I was back at square one.  All of my paperwork submitted to BOA was useless.  So, I began the process again of a loan modification.  It took months to discover that I was ineligible for tradtional loan modifications through the Making Homes Affordable act.  So they told me that I would be submitted for an "in house" modification.  I waited for months for them to get back to me.  I called them every week but there was no news for weeks and weeks.  Finally, about 6 weeks ago, they told me that my modificaiton had been approved and that would need to make a significant down payment in order to start the modification.  I sent them the money, sent the notarized documents, and waited.   I called after  2 weeks because my loan did not show as current.  They said it would take a few weeks to finalize or "book" the modification.  I called every week.

At one point in the process my customer representative told me that they had to make minor adjustments after looking at a final version of all my financials (nothing changed from the initial application).  He told me that they would send out documents again and that I would have to notorize them and re-submit them again.  I received the documents and notorized them.  I noticed that the new documents said that I would pay a down payment that was similar or exactly the amount I had already paid.  I asked my customer representative and he assured me that the number was a reflection of the payment I had already submitted.  Now, several weeks later, I received the news today from that same representative that the company wants another down payment and that my not submitting the payment has been "holding up" the modification.

I have no money left to give them for a down payment! I just want to start my trial payments in April and I want my loan brought up to date on my credit report and on their computers.  I don't know what to do.  My customer rep. told me that he was sending the modification back to the modification department and asking them to reconfigure it without the down payment figured in.  Even he admitted that he had never seen this situation before.  I am sickened by this new development.  Just when I had expected news that everything was "booked", I get the news that we are at square one again!  Nationstar is messed up!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2014 05:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationstar-Mortgage/Lewisville-Texas-75097/Nationstar-Mortgage-Wont-Finalize-Modification-Lewisville-Texas-1131366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationstar Mortgage