Complaint Review: nationwide Long Distance Services

• Updated: Tue, October 05, 2010

• Reported By: Ryan — Fargo North Dakota United States of America
nationwide Long Distance Services
2000 Town Center Suite 1900 Southfield, Michigan United States of America

nationwide Long Distance Services Rep said they were working with Qwest to find a cheaper plan to match my long distance usage Southfield, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Tipoff

*Consumer Comment: TPV

I recieved a call from a gentleman who claimed he was working with Qwest, whom I have my business phone line with.  He said that Qwest was working with Nationwide Long Distance Service to try and find less expensive long distance plans that would fit my long distance usage.  He seemed to have information about my account and how much long distance I was actually using.  The reason he gave for Qwest offering these lower rates was to be competative with people who were using their cell phones for all of their long distance calls.  The offer sounded reasonable...6.99/month plus $0.05/minute with no contract.  After I got off the phone I called Qwest to see if they were actually working with NLDS and the rep I talked too had not heard of them nor did she know of any working arrangment they had with NLDS.  I called NLDS back on their customer service line and cancled my order (which they said would be processed by midnight).  The confirmation code they gave me was only 4 digits long though.  It could be a real confirm code but I've never run across one that was that short before, so I'm guessing it probably isn't.

What I should've done before agreeing to anything was to call Qwest first and verify the information.  If you get a call from anyone about NLDS, get the facts first.  It may be a legitimate company but with a few unethical sales reps.  Either way I would not work with them. I'll update this if I do end up getting charges added to my Qwest bill.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2010 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/nationwide-Long-Distance-Services/Southfield-Michigan-48075/nationwide-Long-Distance-Services-Rep-said-they-were-working-with-Qwest-to-find-a-cheaper-647492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on nationwide Long Distance Services

Tipoff

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"He said that Qwest was working with Nationwide Long Distance Service to try and find less expensive long distance plans that would fit my long distance usage."

Qwest is a long distance provider.  The notion that they would hire another company to "find" a less expensive LD plan doesn't pass the smell test.

TPV

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I work for Qwest. Anytime anyone on the other side of the phone says you need to complete a verification with another rep where you have to answer "yes" to any questions, then they are not with Qwest.

The process of switching carriers is called a "third party verification," where the carrier that is calling has to transfer you to a neutral third-party company that verifies your decision to switch phone companies. If they say they have to transfer you to another rep to complete the order, it is obvious they are not who they say they are.

Legally they can say they are "affiliated" with Qwest, because everyone within Qwest region is affiliated with Qwest. Qwest is one of the few phone companies that are labeled as a utility company. Utility companies are regulated by local PUC's to ensure no illegitimate practices and all small long distance carriers sell from the lines of carriers that are labeled as a utility company.