Complaint Review: Nationwide Biweekly Administration, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, February 05, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 25, 2012

• Reported By:Windermere Florida
Nationwide Biweekly Administration, Inc.
855 Lower-Bellbrook Rd. Xenia, Ohio U.S.A.

Nationwide Biweekly Administration, Inc. BEWARE OF HIDDEN NON-REFUNDABLE $275 FEE!!!! Xenia Ohio

*Consumer Suggestion: Trust me it is deceptive

*Consumer Suggestion: Irresponsible consumers beware

*Consumer Comment: Pull money out of your account fast, but take their time getting it back in!

*Consumer Comment: Need to listen and read contract

*Consumer Comment: Signed Contract

Please be aware that Nationwide Biweekly Administration, Inc. ("NBA") --a company who sends out direct home mailers advertising to administer your mortgage payments bi-weekly-- has a hidden $275 "set up" or "enrollment" fee that it WILL draft from the account you provide them for mortgage distributions even if you never use their services. Once you submit an online enrollment "contract" you allegedly owe the $275 fee, regardless of whether you use NBA's services.

This is NOT DISCLOSED ANYWHERE except in a fine print at the bottom of an online form contract you submit electronically. I submitted the form but never used their services, cancelling the bi-weekly program before NBA made any mortgage payment on my behalf. They still withdrew $275 from my account, claiming it then represented a "lifetime enrollment fee." I have absolutely no idea what this money was in exchange for, NBA has not provided me with any service.

I have filed complaints with both the Ohio Better Business Bureau and the Ohio Attorney General's Office to get my $275 refunded and to alert them to NBA's shady business practice. Please do not sign anything with NBA--either in hard copy or online--because it will subject you to this non-refundable $275 enrollment fee. I want everyone to know what preditory practices this company is using and to save others $275.

Sarah
Windermere, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2008 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Biweekly-Administration-Inc/Xenia-Ohio-45385/Nationwide-Biweekly-Administration-Inc-BEWARE-OF-HIDDEN-NON-REFUNDABLE-275-FEE-Xeni-306410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Biweekly Administration, Inc.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Trust me it is deceptive

AUTHOR: johnmac28 - (United States of America)

Do you work for the company? You sound like the person who was on the phone with me today when I realized the mistakes I made.  Trust me, when you are on the phone, they are deceptive and try to distract you in order for you to not catch all the details.  Plain and simple, you are paying thousands for a service you can do yourself.  Also, even though NBA bills you twice a month but pays the bank only one time.  Please, people, don't lose money like I did.  I am not an idiot.  I just fell to a good scam.  I think this is class-action worthy.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Irresponsible consumers beware

AUTHOR: ryanbug - (United States of America)

How is this a scam if you yourself said it says in small print at the bottom of the page about the$ 275 charge....you were warned about it but you chose to enter your bank account info without reading all of the available information provided to you sounds more like being irresponsible and in a hurry so you didn't read all the info provided right there on the page had you have took the time to read everything on the form you would have seen they were going to charge you the fee.......all in all people need to read everything down to the last letter before submitting their personal info especially their bank account info....disclaimers are small for a reason but are still available if you didn't take the time to read it then it sounds like this was your fault for not taking the time to read all of the info provided to you on the website

Pull money out of your account fast, but take their time getting it back in!

AUTHOR: rage - (USA)

I have had several issues with this company. Their customer service has been terrible. I've waited on hold in excess of 20 minutes to speak to a service rep. on multiple occasions. They had trouble debiting my account on 3 occasions and did not attempt to contact me to say that their was an issue. Since I was watching carefully, I noticed the problem and had to contact them. Their service reps were incompetent and I needed to work with managers to resolve the issues. (The debiting issue was not their fault- don't use a savings account or you may have similar issues!) My concern is that they never attempted to communicate with me and my mortgage payment would have been late had I not been diligent. Even after working with their managers, they debited an incorrect amount from my account and I had to call back again to fix that problem. I also noticed that they took an extra payment in October 2009, but they wouldn't pay the additional funds out until January 2010.

Need to listen and read contract

AUTHOR: Kathybob - (U.S.A.)

I was informed about a $245 NON-refundable fee. They were vary clear and precise about why they charge the fee and that it is NON-refundable whether I use their service or not. It also states in their contracts.
Any time that your are dealing with ANY company regarding any type of exchange you MUST listen and you MUST fully read that contract before signing.
You MUST use common sense in all financial matters these day.

AUTHOR: Ieviltwin - (U.S.A.)

Here's what I have to say about nationwide biweekly admin. and the so called hidden fee, IT'S NOT HIDDEN!!!!! it's on your contract and they tell you about it when you call in to sign up for the prgm. It's not their fault you didn't listen to what they were telling you and didn't read your LEGAL BINDING CONTRACT before to canceled the prgm. It clearly states that if you cancel the prgm before they are able to collect the fee then they have the right to go into your bank and collect it. Seriously...it's your fault for not reading the contract before you signed it. What's even worse is that you were able to get your money back for something that your signed all because you involved the better business bureau and attorney general. If you would have just read your contract...no if you would have just listened to what the rep was saying to you then you wouldn't have had that problem of being an idiot. What if you owned a business that sold a service and I signed a contract without listening to what anyone said to me and didn't bother reading the contract, then all of a sudden didn't want it anymore and wanted my money back. I would be the idiot that just lost money, but wait I can go to the better business bureau and attorney general and get my money back for being an idiot and not listening or reading what was put in front of me. I don't know about you but when it comes to money that is what i listen for and know how much I am spending for something....