Complaint Review: Nationwide Energy Partners

• Updated: Fri, May 02, 2014

• Reported By: Brian — Columbus Ohio USA
Nationwide Energy Partners
230 West Street, Suite 150 Columbus, Ohio United States of America

Nationwide Energy Partners Over charging for electric and water utilities Columbus, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: this is happening to us now.

*Author of original report: Latest Bill just in!

First off I moved into my apartment at the end of January 2010. The electric and water services were transferred into my name on 1/29/2010 and my first bill was for 3 days, 1/29-1/31. My first bill was 97.86, which consisted of 64.84 for electric at a usage of 174 KW/h, and water with a usage of 27 Cu Ft, billed at 33.02. In 3 days which we had not even moved 80% of our stuff in we could not have used that amount of electric.

I contacted them and was told by the representative that they billed me full charges on the fixed charges, and she was going to submit it to the billing department for adjustment and I would receive an email or a call when it was completed. For the whole month of February I did not receive any calls or messages.

In March I received my new bill showing that there was no adjustment on my charges for the prior month. [continued below]....
..... My new bill was for $367.57, which was 196.57 for 2003 KW/h of electric and $73.14 for 848 Cu Ft of water. I discovered that the water was higher due to a problematic commode, but the electric charges are outrageous. The total for the bill that month was $269.71.

We live in an 813 Sq Ft, 1 BR 1 BA apartment, I use all energy efficient compact fluorescent bulbs, and all my appliances, TV's(2) and laptops(2) are energy star certified. We are also an upstairs apartment. I do not see where we would have used over 2000 KW/h in one month. Where we lived before we had a sub-metering company and we NEVER had a utility bill that amounted $200 for water and electric.

I have online access to my account and I can now see that my utility bill for the month of March is $259.85, I cannot see the final view of the bill(PDF) but the new total does show with this insane total!

I have talked to many people and I have been told by several people that Nationwide Energy Partners(NEP) has over billed them as well. The charges are excessive, and someone needs to step in and take the power to rip the customers off from this company. When you live in a Lifestyle Community, which happens to own NEP, you are FORCED to use NEP for your utility services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2010 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Energy-Partners/Columbus-Ohio-43215/Nationwide-Energy-Partners-Over-charging-for-electric-and-water-utilities-Columbus-Ohio-589880. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Energy Partners

this is happening to us now.

AUTHOR: jhensley - ()

this is currently happening to me.  My boyfriend and I moved in our apartment August 17, 2013 and our first bill was for 17 days but it was more than the second bill we got. We also had a problem with our toilet that caused our water to go up. I don't know all the specifics but I have the bills and my boyfriend is pissed so that's all I need to know especially after reading that this is normal business practice for this horrible company. I'm calling channel six.....bet I don't. This is bad.

Latest Bill just in!

AUTHOR: brian12881 - (USA)

Here is the latest bill, that I just received, in addition I am adding my utility companies name, address, local and Toll free number below, I did not notice the local one last time!

Nationwide Energy Partners