Complaint Review: Nationwide Insurance

• Updated: Wed, July 03, 2013

• Reported By: Gad — Columbia South Carolina
Nationwide Insurance
One Nationwide Plaza Columbus, Ohio USA

Nationwide Insurance Rate increase, deceptive practice, horrible service Columbus Ohio

I started with this company 5 years ago due to good rates.  This year we received our bill with an increase of 37% over last years rate, which was also increased from the previos year, but about 15%.  We've been with them for 5 years with no incidents or issues at all.

When the company called me to explain they blamed it on my state, the same excuse they gave me last year.  Nothing justifies a 37% increase with no claims being filed.  Then they told me I signed up for an "automatic increase" policy.  WTF  Who in their right mind would sign up for such a stupid thing.  In my 50 years I have never been slammed by an insurance company like this.

Beware, now you know how they pay for all of those stupid commercials.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2013 02:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Insurance/-Columbus-Ohio-43215-2220/Nationwide-Insurance-Rate-increase-deceptive-practice-horrible-service-Columbus-Ohio-1064238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Insurance