leads

• Updated: Fri, October 01, 2010

• Reported By: Paul — Sunbury Ohio United States of America
Nationwide Insurance
one Nationwide PLaza Columbus, Ohio United States of America

Nationwide Insurance I cancelled insurance but still got charged Columbus , Ohio

I decided to cancel my homeowners policy with Nationwide Insurance for a better rate and they would not pay the one small claim I had in 20 years, so I personally went to the agent's office to cancel 4 days before the policy payment was due. The agent told me it was too late to stop payment, as I authorized an automatic withdrawal from my checking account. 4 days early? She told me I would receive a check in 7 to 10 days. After waiting 4 weeks for the check, I went back to find out where my money was and they had no clue, I waited a good hour while the agent made numerous phone calls, and found out that they were taking $15.00 for "prorated time". I then proceeded to tell them what I thought of this rip off and I'll do my best to convince others not to use Nationwide. I also told them that I will come to the office every day until I get my check. Later that day, I received a phone call from the agent telling me that if I come into the office anymore that I would be arrested. It was a couple more weeks that I was reimbursed, minus the $15.00. How can they prorate my refund when I was 4 days early?? How can they withdraw funds earlier than the time agreed? Luckily, I had the money in the bank, or I could have been assessed outrageous bank fees. Nationwide is in your side (and your wallet as deep as they can get).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2010 07:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Insurance/Columbus-Ohio-43215/Nationwide-Insurance-I-cancelled-insurance-but-still-got-charged-Columbus-Ohio-646442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Insurance