Complaint Review: Nationwide Insurance

• Updated: Sat, January 26, 2013

• Reported By: Paul — North Carolina United States of America
Nationwide Insurance
1Nationwide Plaza Internet, Ohio United States of America

Nationwide Insurance Deceiving, hidden price adjustment, lethargic staff Internet, Ohio

I went online to Nationwide's web page to get an online quote. I am not naive. I know going into this that the quote received is not the definitive quote and that changes can occur. I gave them all of my information, including reporting my two speeding tickets in 2009 and 2010 along with the amount over the limit on each. I was given a quote and offered to sell it to me. I agreed and gave them my payment for the first month. A few days later I received my documents in the mail along with my cards which matched up to what I was quoted.

About two weeks later I was sent an email I was expecting alerting me that I was going to have my bank account drafted at the beginning of the month. What concerned me was that the amount they were pulling for the month was over $20 higher than what I was quoted. This would also make my new insurance more expensive than my previous insurance, which was counter-intuitive to the whole process of me switching insurance companies.

I called customer service and they connected me with an agent. She stated that the under-writers determined my premium should be more expensive. I asked why I was not told this and she would not say. I have printed documentation stating I would pay one thing and not only do they turn around and increase the cost, they do it without telling me.

It may not be illegal, but it sure is a crappy business model. I have since cancelled my insurance with them and switched companies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Insurance/Internet-Ohio-/Nationwide-Insurance-Deceiving-hidden-price-adjustment-lethargic-staff-Internet-Ohio-1003852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Insurance