Complaint Review: NationWide Parts Distributors

• Updated: Mon, October 28, 2013

• Reported By: Val — Germantown Maryland
NationWide Parts Distributors
11554 Davis Creek Ct. Jacksonville, Florida USA

NationWide Parts Distributors Validation of Deceit and Utmost lack of professionalism Jacksonville Florida

CAUTION: A MUST KNOW IN DOING BUSINESS WITH npdengines.com (NationWide Parts Distributors (11554 Davis Creek Ct. Jacksonville, FL 32256)

This is to let every customer out there know how this company will treat you as a customer.

1.      On 7/1/13 I called and spoke to Dr. Kareem Stokes (“Board Certified Partsologist” 6 yrs in the job) and came down to negotiating a price for a used 2002 Jeep Liberty Engine 3.7L with 78K miles for $1,688.00 (inclusive of service charge). They initially wanted to charge me a processing fee of $95.00 on top of the price of the engine but came to an agreement and ended with $1,688.00.

2.      The next day 7/2/13, I noticed in the Order confirmation sent to me by email that instead of a 2002  it was a 2003 engine so I called and informed him. Keep in mind I called to inform the “Dr. Kareem Stokes” (“Board Certified Partsologist”with 6 yrs job experience) about the mistake. He told me that he has two engines for model 2002 and he would place the order for one with 83K miles on it.

3.      On 7/8/13, I spoke to Vitran (shipping company) and was informed that the engine was in Baltimore after a botched delivery attempt in the morning to my mechanic’s shop due to no available FORKLIFT to bring it down. Currently awaiting for an email to authorize a forklift to be included since it would be needed to bring down the engine from the truck.

4.      Towards the end of my conversation with Vitran, “Dr Kareem Stokes” was on the other line to inform me of the situation and that I had to pay an additional $150.00 to get a forklift in the truck so that it can brought down to the shop.

5.      I only had one question for Dr. Kareem Stokes: Why did you not inform me that a FORKLIFT would be needed to bring this heavy engine down and that the shipping company does not provide this crucial equipment to finish the delivery? Below are the following answers:

5.1  “That is not my job. You should have asked your shop if they had a forklift or if there were enough people to bring down the engine from the truck”AMAZING!!!

5.2  “ I do not need to inform you this because you should have asked your shop if they have a forklift to bring this down. Most shops have forklilfts and even farms that we have delivered to” MIND BOGGLING AFTER GETTING THE SALE!!!

5.3  “ You came to us for this engine and if you have taken care of your car you won’t have this issue with us now” THIS JUST TOPS IT ALL!!! He knows and we have discussed during his sales pitch that this is an ongoing epidemic with these engines that Chrysler built for this model. Blown headgasket, no compression on either #2 or #4 cylinder and no other option but to purchase a new engine to bring it back to life. For the past 2 years have replaced major components of the vehicle to keep this in tip top shape. And since the failure is on the headgasket it is not cost-effective and reliable to have the gasket alone fixed.

6.      Having zero options, told him I am extremely unhappy with this and that this is simply a “Squeeze Charge”. He told me the third party shipping the engine has my card info and will execute the charge. Looking at my card statement, the charge was made by, keep in mind “NationWide Parts Distributors” and not by any other company.

Conclusions:

1.      Goes to show they do not want to cover this charge and have passed this to unknowing customers who have zero options since the engine needs to be brought down from the truck.

2.      They knew that a forklift is definitely needed to be in the truck to bring down the heavy engine but simply ignored and assumed this since they can call the customer who will be totally helpless and will simply agree to charge the extra $150.00.

3.      This engine came from Columbus, OH and this company acts as an agent for the yards. Kareem Stokes could not provide the VIN# of the engine I ordered and was told it would be in the docs together with the Engine. Guess what, it was never in any Docs included in the shipment.

STEER AWAY FROM THEM!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2013 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NationWide-Parts-Distributors/Jacksonville-Florida-32256/NationWide-Parts-Distributors-Validation-of-Deceit-and-Utmost-lack-of-professionalism-Jac-1095201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NationWide Parts Distributors