Complaint Review: Nationwide Vision

• Phone: 480-988-3581
  • Web:
  • Category: Eye Care

Nationwide Vision Narrow Angle Glaucoma-NOT! Mesa Arizona

This was my second eye exam over the past two years at Nationwide Vision. I did not get off to a good start with this visit. My appointment was scheduled for 10am. At 1030am the Technician took me back. She asked if I had problems seeing close or far. I told her close. After my not doing well on 3 of the tests she finally figured out that she was testing for far not close! I was sent back to the waiting area & was not seen by the doctor until 11am. She explained that they were having computer problems. She proceeded to examine by eyes. She told me that I have "Narrow Angles" and referred me to Nationwide's Laser & Medical Center. She seemed annoyed when I tried to get more information about this diagnosis from her. I was told at the front desk that my Vision does not cover this & that I would have to use my Medical Insurance. Thanks to Obamacare I have a high-dedectible plan. No more office co-pays. I called the Laser Center & was told that a visit would be $250. Meantime I researched this diagnosis at home & found that it is a less common form of Glaucoma. Over the past week over two seperate occasions I have told friends about this. Two of these friends have been diagnosed with Narrow Angle Glaucoma, both by Nationwide Vision! I firmly believe that this a scam to generate more revenue for their Laser & Medical Center. I will not be returning to Nationwide Vision next year for my annual eye exam. I will be going to a local, well-respected Optometrist.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2014 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Vision/Mesa-Arizona-85212/Nationwide-Vision-Narrow-Angle-Glaucoma-NOT-Mesa-Arizona-1134731. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Vision