Complaint Review: NC Furniture Showcase

• Updated: Tue, August 16, 2011

• Reported By: Terri — Jacksonville Florida USA
NC Furniture Showcase
8421 Glenwood Avenue Raliegh, North Carolina United States of America

NC Furniture Showcase Michael D Whetzel, They took my money changed their name and refuse to refund or deliver Curio of equal value Raliegh, North Carolina

*Author of original report: Report them to the FBI and County Prosecutor Please

*Consumer Comment: I Had the Exact Same Problems

*Author of original report: Why can't they be stopped

*Author of original report: Update 2 not rebuttle

*Author of original report: Update not rebuttle

I ordered 2 curios one for $731.00 and a second one for less via their website.
They shut down the website and changed the name of the company when I pointed out they were still advertising the curio that I ordered and began a new one.
Old Website: www.ncfurnitureshowcase.com
New Website: www.furnitureshowcase.com

Old Company Name: NC Furniture Showcase 8421 Glenwood Ave., Raleigh, NC
New Company Name: Furniture Showcase 9008 Glenwood Ave., Raleigh, NC

They also had a PO Box in Miami, FL and there are reports with the South FL BBB.

I ordered in July of 2007 and finally found out that the curio I ordered was no longer being manufactured in October of 2007

Michael Whetzel promised me a refund which I have NEVER received.  I asked for my merchandise and was given a multitude of excuses from the manufacturer, building new stores, to being at Furniture Mart.

I paid through PayPal and they were NO help at all!

I have been trying to get my refund for 2 years now and am still waiting for it.
He changed the name of his company from NC Furniture Showcase to Furniture Showcase.

I reported them to the NC BBB and the BBB took the side of the NC Business.
I went to small claims court and won but they won't pay.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2009 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NC-Furniture-Showcase/Raliegh-North-Carolina-/NC-Furniture-Showcase-Michael-D-Whetzel-They-took-my-money-changed-their-name-and-refuse-513803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NC Furniture Showcase

Report them to the FBI and County Prosecutor Please

AUTHOR: Terri - (USA)

If the State Attorney and the FBI get enough complaints perhaps they will have to pay us back and be put out of business.  But there need to be enough of us telling them our story.  Watch out he will change his company's name so if you are going to do something do it now.  I still can't believe they are still in business :(

I Had the Exact Same Problems

AUTHOR: Reid - (United States of America)

I put down 1500 on a bed for my house in 2009 and have been trying to get the money back since then.  I've talked with Meagan, Aaron Versterfelt, and others with no avail.  This company sucks!

Why can't they be stopped

AUTHOR: Terri - (USA)

I contacted the police in Reidsville, NC he never called back.
I have contacted the NC State Attorney they turned it over to NC Consumer Affairs who say that they can't do anything.  The Better Business Bureau sided with NC Furniture Showcase.  I contacted the FBI and they have NEVER responded.
Why are they allowed to continue to take our money and not deliver merchandise or provide a refund.  They have changed their name 3 or 4 times in 15 years and claim they have 15 years of experience...

Why can't anyone protect us the consumer who they own money to?

Update 2 not rebuttle

AUTHOR: Terri - (USA)

According to this website Michael D Whetzel owns 37 domains.

Update not rebuttle

AUTHOR: Terri - (USA)

I have reported this company to the FBI and I hope you will all do the same.
I also reported them to the Wake County State Attorney's Office, I hope you will all do the same.
The State Attorney handed it over to Consumer Affairs and they did nothing but if there are multiple complaints perhaps they will get involved and help us get our money back or our merchandise.

How many more people will they be allowed to collect money from without delivering the merchandise or a refund?