Complaint Review: NCRS

• Submitted: Wed, May 06, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 06, 2009

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
11056 Renaissance Dr #220 Davidson, North Carolina U.S.A.

NCRS Collection Scam Davidson North Carolina

My dad received the letter and emailed the invoice number and phone #. I asked him to fax the whole letter. Just looking at it makes me wonder.
At the top is the company name, address and phone #. The name is different, just NRS which is a legitimate collection agency. Same kind of letter as described, the amount is 189.99 written in. This letter doesn't look even semi professional. The name of the collection manager is Julianne, no last name. She gives an extention #, but the number given doesn't require it.

I called on a saturday and she answered but couldn't hear me so I hung up. She immediately called back from a 704 NY number (the original was a 347 NC) and said she had her office calls forwarded to her so she doesn't miss them. She said she would call me back because she was out. I didn't answer her call, but instead did some research.

The address given is to a different business. I found out the area code differences. I contacted NRS, the legitimate company and they asked for info on the letter that wasn't there. This all just screams scam. My next step is to report it to the police in NC, AZ, and NY and give them all the info I have.

Tempe, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2009 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCRS/Davidson-North-Carolina-28036/NCRS-Collection-Scam-Davidson-North-Carolina-449416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NCRS