Complaint Review: Neat Company

• Updated: Mon, January 20, 2014

• Reported By: BobP — orlando Florida
Neat Company
1601 Market Street Suite 3500 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Neat Company Neat scanner purchased cant be used due to software and sever problem Philadelphia Pennsylvania

I purchased a brand new Neat ND-1000 scanner and software this weekend at Office Depot to help get organized for tax season. I purchased the PC version and loaded the software on my Windows 7 64 bit PC. Intitally when I logged on for validation of the software it ran for minutes and minutes without any respose from Neat's server. I cancelled the log in and went to Neat's website. After removing the software provided with the scanner from my hard drive I reinstalled Neat's most recent version on my PC. This time the software validated but when I attempted to get started with my scanner the server at Neat would not authorized my system or allow me to connect. As a result my new scanner cannot be used and is a paper weight. I contacted Neat customer service and they could not explain why it would not work. They admitted to server issues but would  not go further. They gave me a code number and told me that they would contact me withing 24 hours. No explanation as to why the problem is present, no expected date or time of resolution. So I payed over $300 for a system that is currently useless. Why is Neat allowing the system to be sold when they know it is not currently usable. I feel taken advantage of and am pissed! Sham on you Neat.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2014 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Neat-Company/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19103/Neat-Company-Neat-scanner-purchased-cant-be-used-due-to-software-and-sever-problem-Philad-1117068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Neat Company