characterized

• Submitted: Tue, June 21, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, June 21, 2011

• Reported By: any bloke — Sutter, California United States of America
neat travel

neat travel hotels.com, getaroom.com scam, "catch me if you can" charged my card, won't give it back Manila, Phillipines, Internet

Booked a motel on the internet with GetaRoom.com. Was given a nice description of the motel. Afterward, I went to the motel's web site and saw terrible pictures from disgruntled customers. Decided not to rent this motel. I called back to cancell and rebook somewhere else as it was fully permissable and legal to do so as per their policy. Was given a cancellation number and a promise to refund my money.

Next day received email that the booking fees were non-refundable. I told him that there were no booking fees. I paid for the motel room--not fees. I asked for the cancellation number which he had given me at the time of cancellation. He would not give my money back.

I called my bank to stop payment. It had already gone through. I filled out paperwork for fraud. Meantime, received another email saying they would refund my money in 5-7 business days from the booking June 4, 2011. I should have had my refund June 13. I emailed several times without reply. June 20, he emailed that he would send the refund information to billing office. This is a scam. He will not return my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2011 09:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/neat-travel/internet/neat-travel-hotelscom-getaroomcom-scam-catch-me-if-you-can-charged-my-card-wont-gi-743728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on neat travel