Complaint Review: Nebraska Furniture Mart

• Updated: Tue, July 09, 2013

• Reported By: NextNate03 — Missouri
Nebraska Furniture Mart
1601 Village West Parkway Kansas City, Kansas USA

Nebraska Furniture Mart Screwed out of a FULL TIME JOB after they gave me it (This was my 1st FULL TIME JOB in 5 years!) Kansas City Kansas

*Author of original report: NFM UPDATE

I got hired on Full Time (@ $11 per hour) on back in March 15, of 2013 (03-15-13). I thought "WOW! This is my 1st Full Time job since in 5 very long years!"  The HR person (who had hired me) called me on March 18 (2 days before my 1st day on the job.), told me "You did not easily passed the Lift Test. (Lift 125# box 10 times). Don't come in on Monday. (3-20-13). I will call you on Monday to try so set up another interview. (NFM was over a week and a half with there call. I was under the impression I would get another job offer @ the end of the interview!) I finally had my interview, NO 2nd JOB OFFER @ the end of the interview. About a week later, they decided to hire somebody else! I WAS SHOCKED when they told me. Especially whenever the ASKED ME THE SAME QUESTION @ the interview that had ended up with me with a JOB OFFER! After that, the HR person told me I can retake the "Lift Test" (even tho I PASSED IT IN THE 1st PLACE), but, I would have to wait a while to retake it. 1 month later, I emailed HR to see what's going on. HR replayed "We don't think its been long enough." 1 more month later (about 2 months of total waiting time), I email the HR to see again, what's going on. HR replayed back basically "We appreciate you being interested in working at NFM! At this time we are pursuing other candidates.  Good luck with your job search! AGAIN, I WAS SHOCKED AGIAN! I was AGIAN was under the impression I was going to get another job offer! @ this period of time (7/9/13) . For over a month now, the HR and Customer Service has stop returning my phone calls and emails. Both of there FaceBooks pages and there Youtube channels will not respond. There Online Customer Service Chat refuse to help me, saying "You need to contact the HR Department.". They Chat tells me that AFTER I told them "The HR WILL NOT return any of my phone calls and emails!"

Last time CHECKED, a PASS is still a PASS(ITS LIKE THAT EVERYWHERE!)! They teach that kind of stuff in SCHOOL, @ EVERY GRADE LEVEL, INCLUDING COLLEGES!

I was already looking for apartments and stuff when the OFFERED ME A JOB! I have been UNEMPLOYED SINCE THEN! I AM UNABLE TO COLLECT Unemployment BECAUSE I ACCETPED A FULL TIME JOB @ NEBRASKA FURITURE MART!

I could not get my old job back @ the place I lose to work at!

The RICHER GETS RICHER, AND THE POORER GETS EVEN MORE POORER!

Because what they did, I think I was laid offed form NFM. I was not giving the REQUIRED (State, and Fed. laws) 60 days notice. They DID NOT GIVE me the REQUIRED (State and Fed. laws) 60 days of W.A.R.N. Pay! (over $5,000!) NFM knows about it, the don't respond!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 12:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nebraska-Furniture-Mart/Kansas-City-Kansas-66111/Nebraska-Furniture-Mart-Screwed-out-of-a-FULL-TIME-JOB-after-they-gave-me-it-This-was-my-1065442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nebraska Furniture Mart

NFM UPDATE

AUTHOR: NextNate03 - ()

I finaly heard back from NFM (or at least there LAWERS).

They had banned me from the NFM stores and to comuicated with NFM employees!

They did banned me because I was keep on EMAILING the HR, Customer Service and the person who had HIRED me. They also acused me for impersonated a HR person on Facebook and doing bad things.

1. THEY HAVE NOT PROF I DID SUCH OF THING.

2. I DID NOT DO SUCH A THING ON FACE BOOK.

They reseaon I was keep on emailing them and sending them messages is THEY REFUSE TO DO THERE DAM JOB IN THE FIRST PLACE! The won't reply to any of my emails or messages or phone calls.

The very last message I sent to the Customer Service was "HELP ME OR YOU LOSE A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE!".

NO RESPONCE!

THEY HAVE NOT PAYED ME MY WARN PAY.

I am still unemployed!