Complaint Review: net 10

• Submitted: Tue, September 28, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, September 28, 2010

• Reported By: donald/amanda welch — mishawaka Indiana United States of America
net 10

net 10 net 10, trac phone deactivated my pregnant and emotionally ill wife's net 10 phone for no reason what-so-ever and claimed her service ended on sept 24th,2010. Internet

my wife took her phone off the charger last friday, sept 24th.
She turned it on and it read that the sim card activation failed.
It also reads that she has service until 04-01-14 with 151 remaining minutes left.
we went through 3 seperate people and were hung up on once, and 3 hours later after getting to work an hour and a half late, the phone is still deactivated with 151 minutes.
I took photos of the phone for proof in case they decide to mess it up even worse,
and my wife is 5 months pregnant and has emotional issues and goes to therapy.
This has greatly shaken her up.
I lost 90 minutes on the clock at work, and about another $ 20.00 in delivery tips because net 10 had me hemmed up on the phone on and off hold and arguing and yelling back and forth, and when I threatened to take them to civil court I received no reaction what-so-ever !!!

After while though they claimed all of a sudden that, "oh" our systems haven't updated any of the pin reloads for the minutes for her phone and that her service doesn't expire until dec 31 2010.

I of course argued this and in the process, net 10 had me on the phone so long that my phone battery died, thus making me even leter to work because I had to charge my phone first because I delivery pizza for a living and a cell phone is mandatory.

My wife's cell phone is mandatory because she is pregnant and we have a 2 year old and she needs communication when I'm at work and she has a doc appointment or something.
now she has to spend $ 60.00 on a new phone she can't afford.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2010 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/net-10/internet/net-10-net-10-trac-phone-deactivated-my-pregnant-and-emotionally-ill-wifes-net-10-phone-645412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on net 10