cast

• Reported By: gebob — taylor Michigan United States of America
net 10
not sure Internet United States of America

net 10 tracfone Lost Phone Number Internet, Internet

I got my cell phone number through Metro Pcs.  I decided to change to T-Mobile.  Then i seen a commercial by Net 10 and service by Tracfone.  I switched over, and the service was strong. Never dropped a call.  Then the phone they provided (which you pay for) went bad they replaced it with another older model.  Still that was ok by me.  Problem is the sim card cannot be switched into the new phone.  When my service was tranfered over i got a new phone number.  Well, i had the original number for years.  I called and spend several phone calls, each waiting 30 to 60 minutes before i talked to anyone.  They were all very nice and no one seemed to know how to transfer my number to a phone from them from my first phone from them.  That to me made ne sense.  If i already had service with my phone number why couldn't the new phone work.  Well i found out.  Because you never have an account with them, it is not set up that way.  Each phone is it's own account.  Once my phone quit working that phone number was lost.   Once you switch over to Net 10, your number cannot be transfered anywhere else.  So if you switch to them, stay there or you will have to change your long term phone number.  I missed my aunts funeral because they could not get in touch with me.  you can say why didn't i call everyone.  Well, you just don't remember evryone you put into your phone over 10 years.  i'm still paying the repucussions from this service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2011 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/net-10/internet/net-10-tracfone-Lost-Phone-Number-Internet-Internet-789694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on net 10