Complaint Review: net zero ub stick internet access

• Submitted: Thu, April 04, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, April 04, 2013

• Reported By: dennis d — st.pettersburg Florida
net zero ub stick internet access
www.netzero.com Internet United States of America

net zero ub stick internet access net zero ub stick did not give me any service but kept half my refund. will not answer e-mails netzero.com, Internet

i ordered a net zero ub stick for home use. they said they had coverage tower close by. 24.00 for the stick and 9.99 a month for 500 mb. when i received the stick,i could never get the reception.  i called their tech service, and worked with them for three weeks,still no signal. i had them send me a new stick,still would not pick up signal.  i drove over to where the said the tower was located,and then the device began to work.

it has signal strength leds on front that light up blue and green. as i drove away from the tower i lost signal at 4 tenths of a mile away on both sticks. when i called the techs again and told them it wasnt going to work in my case, because i live 3 mi away,they agreed that i wasnt going to get the signal where i lived. they said mail the units back and we will refund your money. so i sent them back.

i received a e- mail thanking me for the return. they refunded me 28.00 out of 44.00 they had charged my card. i have e- mailed them about the rest ,but have not heard a word back. after reading the other horror stories about net zero ripping off other people. i dont expect to get my money back. i write this so other people dont get ripped off like me. hours on the phone with techs for a product that doesnt work a half mile out from the tower. they even told me to drive over to the tower to use it. right!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2013 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/net-zero-ub-stick-internet-access/internet/net-zero-ub-stick-internet-access-net-zero-ub-stick-did-not-give-me-any-service-but-kept-1040617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on net zero ub stick internet access