Complaint Review: Net10

• Reported By: Guest21 — United States of America
Net10
Miami, Florida United States of America

Net10 Tracfone Net10 Stole 1746 minutes from me Miami, Florida

I had a Net10 phone and things were going fine until it stopped working and wouldn't charge or turn on. At the time it went down it had 2350 minutes on it, which I had accumulated over the past few years. So I bought another phone to replace it and called customer service in order to transfer my phone number and minutes to the new phone. I told them I was unable to turn the old phone on but that there was 2350 minutes on it when it went down. The customer service rep said he would check with another department about the number of minutes on the phone and when he came back he said there was only 604 minutes on it. I challenged that and he told me that since I couldn't turn the old phone on to "prove" that I had that many minutes then there was nothing he could do about it. I can't figure out what turning the phone on is going to do since previously he stated there was a record of the minutes he could check but the claimed record was far less than what I actually had. This is not the first time this has happened. Last year I bought another phone and called them to transfer the minutes and once again they claimed there were far less minutes on the old phone than what there actually was. In that case they did transfer them all in the end but in the latest case they refused to transfer all of my minutes, effectively stealing 1,746 minutes that I already bought and paid for. I would not recommend this company, Net10, or its parent company Tracfone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2011 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Net10/Miami-Florida-/Net10-Tracfone-Net10-Stole-1746-minutes-from-me-Miami-Florida-755628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Net10