Complaint Review: Net10

• Submitted: Wed, March 05, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 05, 2008

• Reported By:seattle Washington
Net10
8390 NW 25th St. Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Net10 net10, bad, deal, waste, money, scam, ripoff, theives, bad, customer, service Miami Florida

I purchased a net10 phone a while back.

Amazingly the minutes disappear while the phone is sitting on the counter.

I look at it, I have 466 minutes, two hours later, no use and now 442 minutes, WIthout ever using the phone.

I purchased an airtime card and entered it. The minutes never added. I tried 3 times and then called customer service. BEWARE...calling customer service cost minutes, and the representatives don't speak good english and they repeat everything you say 3-5 times after you get through all of the voice prompts.

Then they tell you that you cant call customer service from you net10 phone. What kind of ridiculous is that.

I have used my net10 phone exclusively and have not connected a home phone, yet the customer service representative kept telling me I could not call customer service from the phone they sold to me that I had to call from my home phone or a pay phone. They didnt seem to understand that Americans don't have payphones in their homes. So talking to customer service (after calling 3 times) cost me over 40 minutes. I have never heard of a cell phone company charging for minutes when you dial "611".

Interesting when I repeated something twice after the lady repeated something 5 times, she asked me to please stop repeating her, while she kept repeating and wasting more minutes.

The phone they sent me looked refurbished though came directly from net10. Now I have to use a head set as the speaker is busted inside you can only hear broken bits of your parties conversation. They offered to sell me another phone.

I have reported them also to www.ic3.gov which is the internet crime complaint organization for further investigation.

This is their address:

Headquarters:
8390 NW 25th St.
Miami, FL 33122
United States

EXECUTIVES (i have a hard time calling these idiots executives but this is the public information on them)

President and CEO F. J. Pollak
CIO Paul Kozm
VP, Compensation & Benefits Mark Maniglia

They are a subsidiary of America Movil, Inc who's office is in Mexico
Lago Alberto 366, Colonia Anhuac
11320 Mxico, D.F., Mexico

ANYONE that wastes their time or money on net10 does so at their own risk. They will get no support from the company and their 800 number, the corporate numbers are Phone: 305-640-2000
Fax: 305-640-2070
Toll Free: 800-867-7183

STAY AWAY.

Structo
seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2008 07:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Net10/Miami-Florida-33132/Net10-net10-bad-deal-waste-money-scam-ripoff-theives-bad-customer-service-Miami-314884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Net10