Complaint Review: netGALAXY Studios

• Updated: Sun, February 23, 2014

• Reported By: Stephen Meecham — Charleston South Carolina
netGALAXY Studios
Charleston, South Carolina Charleston, South Carolina USA

netGALAXY Studios Larry Collett App Development RipOff Charleston South Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This is a scam...

I contacted netGalaxy on December 2013 for the development of an app idea. I was promptly quoted with a reasonable price and told that I needed to pay 50% upfront which I thought was weird but didn't think anything of it. So I sent the deposit and was given an excuse by Larry that he never received it even though I verified with my bank that the payment had gone through. So I sent the payment again and contacted Larry and had to wait 4 weeks before he responded to my email saying that they were very busy and did not have the capacity to work on my project. After numerous emails back and forth he finally agreed to work on my project. So I made him sign an NDA and he started working. A week after work had commenced I was searching the web for a freelance developer to work on a website for the app and found netGalaxy's elance profile and an open solicitation for developers to work on my project the complete description that I had given Larry was online down to the exact verbiage even though I made him sign an NDA. [continued below]....

..... I was FURIOUS! So I called Larry and he denied the profile:

elance.com/e/netgalaxy/

I immediately requested a refund but the damage had already been done. I had a unique idea and if I wanted to have third party contractors working on my project then I would have hired cheap labor from India but I trusted Larry and he let me down. He just subcontracts the work to other developers!! BEWARE!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2014 11:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/netGALAXY-Studios/Charleston-South-Carolina/netGALAXY-Studios-Larry-Collett-App-Development-RipOff-Charleston-South-Carolina-1125971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on netGALAXY Studios

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This is a scam...

AUTHOR: Larry Collett - ()

I searched our company name, netGALAXY Studios, in Google this morning and I see this listed in the Google search. Let me first say that this report filed by whoever is a scam. There has got to be proof of such a blatant lie.

We develop a large number of apps for clients and we are first to say whether we want to develop an app or not. Have we had clients in the past that we deny their project? Absolutely! If our workload is too busy, the project is beyond our scope, or we just don't feel we are a good fit for the client, we will deny the project. We do not take money via mail for any project we do. If someone says that the "check is in the mail", do you really believe it? Was the check cashed?

All projects that we receive and accept are done in person, not via email or voice. A contract is also signed before we ever begin a project. We have a very strict process. We are also closed the last two weeks in December because Apple is closed and they do not accept app uploads during this time.

No check was ever received but if this person can prove any of what they are saying, I'm more than happy to discuss it. This person compains that we solicited the project on Elance. Yes, we started Elance back in 2010 when we first started the company to do work for others, not outsource work. Again, prove to me there is a profile on Elance for your project.

You say we "started on your project"? We would not start on your project without a deposit. Again, prove to me we accepted payment from you. And, if we started on a project for you and accepted payment for it, why are you not asking or pursuing steps to get your money back? Again...prove to me we accepted payment.

Our clients include local and national police departments, NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox networks, Coca Cola, Berkshire Hathaway and many others. If we are a scam, I don't quite think that these companies would be working with us.

Proof is in the documents. Show the proof...that's all I ask.