Complaint Review: Netmath

• Updated: Fri, February 07, 2014

• Reported By: NicoleG — aurora Illinois
Netmath
Urbana , Illinois USA

Netmath UIUC Netmath is a scam, sent withdraw certifiled mail and they claim they never received...ff 6 years now sent to collections! Urbana Illinois

*Author of original report: Finally!

In Fall of 2009 I registered for an online math class with Netmath. After receiving all the information for the course, I quickly realized that I would need to go to a physical location to take tests. At that time it didn't tell you on the website before you signed up for classes, now it does. I had been in an accident and couldn't walk, so this wasn't going to work for me. I immediately contacted the university and asked how to withdraw...

They said I had to come in to do that.... I asked why could I register online, but had to come in to withdraw? They said that they could mail me the form, and did. I recieved the form very quickly, and filled it out completely and sent it back registered mail/receiprt requested. Assumed it was all over, and took classes at another school ONLINE.

Fast forward to Feb 2014, I am now receiveing collection calls from ERS  an outside collector for the school). So I tried calling the University, I talked to so many different people and got so many different answers about what I should do, it's crazy!!! It's simple I WITHDREW! 5 YEARS LATER REALLY? They signed for the letter, so this should be simple. RIGHT? I can't get anywhere!

The latest... I talked to the NETMATH secretary and she said she wasn't there in 2009, so she doesn't know how things worked back then. She'll have to go into the archives to find my records and get back to me.....

In the mean time... I have a new $2500 collection on my credit, The State of Illinois will withhold my State tax return and give it to these crooks, and I just got turned down for a job because of owing money to a state institution... REALLY?

I am an unemployeed single mother... THANKS NETMATH!

In all fairness, for you future students, That have improved many things. You can now fill out a drop form online and then have your email as a receipt, so you don't have to spend $5.54(price in 2009) to send a registered letter to drop a class only to find out 5 years later they never processed it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2014 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netmath/Urbana-Illinois-61801/Netmath-UIUC-Netmath-is-a-scam-sent-withdraw-certifiled-mail-and-they-claim-they-never-r-1121800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netmath

Finally!

AUTHOR: NicoleG - ()

I was recently contacted by UICU regarding this account. I have been told they are working on this and will refund ALL of my money and zero out my account. It took forever and I got very little help from Netmath, but finally found the right person in a dept that oversees netmath.