Complaint Review: Netspend

• Updated: Thu, December 19, 2013

• Reported By: Buyer beware — bedford Texas
Netspend
701 Brazos Street Austin, Texas USA

Netspend Stolen Money, Unauth Charges, Identity Thief and Netspend does nothing but charge .50 for calling Austin Texas

Received a text message that $300 was withdrawn at an ATM at 9:03 am and then at 9:04am received another text that an additional $300 was withdrawn.

I am located in Texas and have my Netsend card in hand however the ATM transactions took place at a Bank of America in Baltimore MD. I called into Netspend to see if the text message were true and they were.

Instead of trying to help me freeze my funds, the agent was more worried about explaining why he was going to charge me 50 cents for calling in and not using the website or mobile app.

I let that slide because I wanted to ensure no more money was going to be taken out unauthorized. After a long call, my account was frozen, the agent said it would take up to 3 months to get my money back if I call the police and filed a report. This was still dependent on whether the Netspend investigator ruled in my favor.

The remaining funds left in my account were untouchable...unless I went purchase a new card a load it with money.  So when I called in to make sure that I couldn't access my money other than getting a new card the agent confirm what I had been told.

She asked me if I wanted to have a Rx discount card sent to my home...really? Do you think I need you to sell me anything after Netspend refuses to help me with the dispute process, assesses a 50 cent fee for the 2nd time for calling in and I have not immediately access to any money?!

Netspend, I want my money back asap so I can close this account with you!

Buyer Beware...Netspend will happily charge you for ridiculous fees but won't be there to help you when you need it most.

Sincerely

3 year customer

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2013 09:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/Austin-Texas-78768/Netspend-Stolen-Money-Unauth-Charges-Identity-Thief-and-Netspend-does-nothing-but-charg-1108473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend