Complaint Review: NetSpend

• Updated: Sat, October 13, 2012

• Reported By: suckered — Dayton, Ohio United States of America
NetSpend
Internet, California United States of America

NetSpend blackhawk network california inc. DECEIVE AND STEAL Internet, California

*General Comment: NetSpend Friend

I purchased a netspend prepaid debit card at a local retailer and loaded an amount of 40.00 on the card.  I got online to attempt to register and activate the care at home.  After filling out the information requested, I was informed I needed a current date on the app.

There was no place to put the date anywhere.  I then called netspend, who is backed by Bancorp Bank, and contacted customer service.  There a woman with a foreign accent, of course, took my information to activate the account.

I was informed that my account could not be activated for reasons not extremely clear.  Something as such that my information could not be verified, but was of no doing of my own, it was due to their system.  I was then informed that I would have to send a copy of my S.S card along with other Information to netspend.

I was then told to wait as she was going to transfer me to another woman of foreign dialect and try to activate my card that way.  I was contacted and presented my information again, only to be told they could not activate my card.

I was then told that I could either have a limited use account, which meant the card was worthless, or I could cancel my card and account and within 20 business days receive a check for my 40.00,  less of course 5.95 that it would take to process the transaction and pay those women of indecernerable dialect.

Funny thing evidently they will allow limited usage for just anybody  verified or not.  Totally and completely a scam and rip off company, one I am shocked Bancorp Bank would be associated with.  At this point,  I fear for my personal information.  Beware of NetSpend and also Bancorp Bank and all those associated with them..deceitful and thieves!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2012 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NetSpend/Internet-California-/NetSpend-blackhawk-network-california-inc-DECEIVE-AND-STEAL-Internet-California-953043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NetSpend

#1 General Comment

NetSpend Friend

AUTHOR: Wiki - (U.S.A.)

You people have missed the boat! NetSpend is the best thing since sliced bread! Like my Daddy always said.......You can't fix stupid!

Linda Jackson  recycledb4@yahoo.com