Complaint Review: netspend

• Submitted: Mon, February 18, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, February 18, 2013

• Reported By: cand6 — dubuque Iowa United States of America

netspend fraud thousands of dollars blocked Internet

Used turbo tax 2012 taxes chose netspend debit prepaid credit card. Reviewed all card infornation as well as fine print. Nowhere does this card state they will block your card until you have provided very personal information in the form of a fax.

Netspend accepted my federal taxes. Mind you my proof of identity was my federal goverment id number. Netspend allowed me to make to use about 1000.00 before they blocked my account. I questioned the block netspend stated I again needed to prove my identity with a fax of my social security card my drivers license and a copy of my utility bill. Then wait 48 hours or 2 business days{depending on which rep you get}

Three working days later and about 50 phone calls to customer service as well as the fraud line hold for one and two hours{which no one answered}

I did reach someone who apparentley had the ability to unblock my card. Unfortunantly she was not able to unblock my card because netspend never received my fax{although the original fax said complete}

She suggested I fax all this information again. Risking my identity again. So netspend has thousands of my fedraltax money. No one will help. I can't get my money transfered to another card. I also cannot pay bills that tax money was for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2013 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/netspend/internet/netspend-fraud-thousands-of-dollars-blocked-Internet-1016126. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on netspend