Complaint Review: Nettalk

• Reported By: Mad Hatter — Enfield Connecticut
Nettalk
1100 NW 163rd Dr. Miami, Florida USA

Nettalk Worst customer service and product ever Miami Florida

I was ready to "fire" my phone company, so I purchased two Nettalk Duo ll units from Walmart. I run a small home based business that requires that I have a dedicated fax line as well as a voice line.  Set-up was a bit dodgy and it took a few days just to reach someone at customer service to download some new firmware. My fax unit was connected via eithernet to the router, while my voice unit was connected to the computer via a USB line. I was now up and running.

Faxing was an issue as my fax machine did not support VoIP, but it did work most times. A minor glitch, since the fax unit was running far beyond its life cycle.

Then the voice line stopped working. I went through the company troubleshooting steps, as well as my own. Having two units made it easy to troubleshoot. I called the customer service number around 11:00 am and after only waiting 1 1/2 hours for a tech, I was connected to...customer service. I was told that all calls go to C/S regardless of my selection on their menu. I was told that a tech would call me back in "15~20 minutes." After 1 hour, I called back, this time waiting 2 hours, only to be disconnected. My third attempt was the charm. after 1 hour and 45 minutes, the rep told me that a tech would call me back by the end of the day.

I received a call around 4:00 pm from a tech who worked the problem with me. He concluded that I had a bad unit. He gave me a e-mail site to start the process of sending back my old unit. I would receive a call to get my credit card info before a new unit would be sent out, then I would send the defective one back to them. Fine, except I have been waiting over 1 week for a call back. I have written to the CEO and have not as yet received a responce. Filling out "trouble tickets" that are never responded to is just a waste of my time.

It looks like I will be "firing" this excuse for a company and paying a little more for the service that I require. I tried, but I must have picked the wrong VoIP company. Stay away from them!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2013 03:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nettalk/Miami-Florida-33169/Nettalk-Worst-customer-service-and-product-ever-Miami-Florida-1055224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nettalk