Complaint Review: Nettraining

• Updated: Fri, February 21, 2014

• Reported By: Anita — Parma Ohio
Nettraining
125 East Main St.; Suite 118 American Fork, Utah USA

Nettraining Deceptive; Lied; Money Rip-off; Slandered & Scammed American Fork Utah

My husband & I were scammed on 9-19-2013 (identical to the report filed on 1-3-2014).  My husband (who is retired) answered an E-mail for starting a work at home business for $99.  He was immediately sent to a telephone number to call.  He did.  It turned out to be nettraining.  He spoke to Tyler Roberts first (who also wanted to talk to the wife).  At the time, I was a Nurse of 20 years who worked the night shift.  I had worked 3 nights in a row and had taken a sleeping pill (so I was very exhausted).  After asking us a lot of questions, he said we would be good candidates for their program.  I told him I wouldn't be interested in the program since I was already working.

Tyler then transferred us to Austin Bawden (Senior Business Consultant).  He spoke to us and offered their program for $8295.  I should have said "No Way" but I was exhausted and gave him our First Merit credit card.  I knew our credit limit was $6,000 and it was REFUSED!  He then asked for another credit card which I gave him our CHASE card with a credit limit of $7,500.  It was ACCEPTED!!!!  Unfortunately, the credit card is only in my name.  This company electronically signed my initials and name to their Enrollment Agreement.

Mr. Bawden briefly told us about the 3 day cancellation policy.  He then sent an E-mail to my husband with websites and all the particulars.  On 9-20-2013, he was to get a "welcome call" from Mike Wood (Coaching Support) at 3 p.m.  They didn't have our correct phone #.  They stated that they got a VM which sounds like "Hi this is Fred (or Ed?) from rent a cop or print and copy something...leave a message".  They lied.  Since I'm a Nurse, I'm on call 24/7.  The company I worked for MUST have my correct phone and answering machine to get in touch with me when needed!!!  My husband called them for his "welcome call" and 1st training session.

On 9-22-2013, we had an unexpected death in our immediate family.  We were VERY distraught and couldn't think about anything.  My husband, who has numerous health problems, also was informed he had to have surgery in Oct.  My husband admitted on 9/25 that he made a BIG mistake and wanted to cancel nettraining.  He called them on 9/26 (the day of the wake) to cancel the program and was told he needed to speak to the Exit Manager.

The funeral was on 9/27 and my husband spoke to the Exit Manager (who was very rude).  He told him that basically "his 3 day grace period was up and you have to pay for the program".  On 9/27, Nettraining posted the $8295 to our Chase account.  He never received any products they had promised.

We did dispute the amt. with Chase Bank and closed out the credit card.  Nettraining sent 24 pages to Chase Bank.  We tried calling their Customer Service numerous times with no return phone calls.  Nettraining implied that I had purchased their software bundle and personalized support package and that I was "working the system" to receive products/services without paying.  That is plain scandalous to my name!!!  Chase Bank has taken their side and resubmitted the $8295 back on a new credit card with an increase in credit.

We just hope that no one else will get scammed from this company.  Several people have told us "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is".  Just don't know how 2 "old" retired persons are going to be able to pay this rip-off money!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2014 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nettraining/American-Fork-Utah-84003/Nettraining-Deceptive-Lied-Money-Rip-off-Slandered-Scammed-American-Fork-Utah-1125405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nettraining