Complaint Review: Network Solutions

• Updated: Thu, November 07, 2013

• Reported By: Peter — San Jose California
Network Solutions
13861 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300 Herndon, Virginia USA

Network Solutions Unauthorized charge on cancelled email service. Herndon Virginia

*Author of original report: Dispute Resolved

I registered a dmain name with Network Solutions in April 2013. Part of the registration process, Network Solutions asked me to select an email address to receive email from the domain. I cant recall whether it was presented to me as a free service or not. Yet, I entered an email address as part of the registration process and had never set up the mailbox for use.

On May 7th 2013, to my surprise, I received an email from support to report a failure of charge for email service, which is $3.99 per month, due to my low bank account's balance at the time. I immediately responded to the email (support@networksolutions.com) with a request to cancel the service. I have not received any responses to my request from their support personnel and do not receive any messages about the email service charges anymore. I thought my request was honor until in November 2013, I received a similar charge failure message, against due to low balance of my bank account (I used a debit card to pay for domain name registration service). [continued below]....

.....

I investigated my bank statement and realized that Network Solutions has quietly charged my bank account $3.99/month since May till November 2013 without my knowledge. The charge applied every month but there was no notification email sent to me to make me aware of the charge.

I logon to my account on Network Solutions and found an entry for email service with "Automatic Renew" every month that I can not disable as normally would for a monthly Internet service and there is no way I can cancel the "monthly" service on my account using their account manager's user interface.

It is clearly a trap for people who register domain with Network Solution to fall into and there is no way to get out. I sent several email messages about this issue and never receive a reply. In the mean time, as soon as my bank account is refilled, their charge will keep going on forever.

I think many people have been fallen into this fraudulent trap without knowing that their bank account was depleted by unauthorized charges month-after-month, or "forcefully" authorized charge because there is no way for their customer to disable "Renew" or "Cancel" the service. There is also noway I can remove/cancel my account with them. I basically stuck with their fraudulent scheme.

After failing to contact Network Solutions to resolve this matter, I may have to close my bank account to avoid this company from stealing my hard-earned money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2013 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Network-Solutions/Herndon-Virginia-20171/Network-Solutions-Unauthorized-charge-on-cancelled-email-service-Herndon-Virginia-1097722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Network Solutions

Dispute Resolved

AUTHOR: Peter - ()

Almost immediately after I posted the complain, someone at Network Solutions called me and informed me that my overcharges will be refunded in full. Since then, it was fully refunded as promised and the email service was cancelled. This means I dont have to close my bank account.

Thankfully for Network Solutions prompt response to resolve this matter and Ripoff Report as a way for intentional or unintentional mis-conducts to be corrected.