Complaint Review: netzero

• Updated: Wed, January 25, 2012

• Reported By: dale — Felton California United States of America
netzero
internet Internet United States of America

netzero Netzero says it will refund fraudulent payments I did not authorize Internet

I found payments to netzero from my online bill payment service.  I had not set up such payments, had not subscribed to netzero, and my bill payment page on my credit union website did not s how any such payments authorized.  So I googled the info and up came Ripoff Report, where I learned many had been similarly defrauded.

So I called netzero; I was passed from supervisor to supervisor but finally someone agreed to cancel my subscription and refund 10 months of payments.  She said it would take 30-60 days to refund the money to my Visa card.  If the refund does not go through, I will write an update to Repoff Report after I contact netzero again.  Hopefully, they will follow through.

I was very polite throughtout; after all, the people I was talking to (in India) are not at fault, and I showed them how the payments had to be fraudulently arranged since my bill payment page showed no such authorization from me.  I think being friendly but firm with the people I talked to helped.

The first person I talked to told me he could not look up the account unless I gave him my full Visa numbers.  I said no.  The second person said she needed the last 4 numbers.  I said no.  Then, with my phone number (it was a dial up service, after all), they found the account, which they said had been opened in March 2011.  I told them I had not done it, that I was being defrauded by someone since I could prove I had not authorized the payments from my credit union, which I just ope
ned up 3 months ago!  Something fishy!

I will update when I know if their promise to refund me goes through.  The squeaky gear gets the grease but remember to be nice to the underpaid customer reps you will be talking to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2012 08:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/netzero/internet/netzero-Netzero-says-it-will-refund-fraudulent-payments-I-did-not-authorize-Internet-828709. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on netzero