Complaint Review: netzero

• Submitted: Wed, April 04, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, April 04, 2012

• Reported By: fedupw/netzero — Yakima Washington United States of America
netzero

netzero Signed up for 30 day free trial two years ago, canceled before end of 30 days. Periodically netzero still bills me for monthly service. Internet

*Author of original report: Better Business Bureau

For those of you having problems cancelling your netzero account try calling ILB at 1-800-433-4518.  This is the company that has been billing my phone carrier on behalf of Netzero.  I called them today to imform them that I don't have a netzero account and that they need to stop debiting my phone bill on behalf of netzero.  After two years of being billed periodically for netzero I've had it!  I've filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and also inquired with a lawyer that inciates class action law suits.  I strongly erdge others to complain to all agencies they can think of, this unlawful abuse of billing debit/credit cards and phone bills needs to be stopped.  As for me I don't care how badly I may want something, I will never authorize another company to charge my debit or phone bill again.  Its just not worth having to cancel your cards or change your phone number to get rid of these parasites!  If anyone knows of a class action lawsuit already in progess, please post it and let us know so we can join.  There is power in numbers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2012 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/netzero/internet/netzero-Signed-up-for-30-day-free-trial-two-years-ago-canceled-before-end-of-30-days-P-863963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on netzero

Better Business Bureau

AUTHOR: fedupw/netzero - (United States of America)

Since I wrote my original report I have checked with the BBB and found that inspite of 615 resolved complaints filed in the past three years Netzero is still an accredited business with them.  Four hundred and three complaints are billing related.  I for one am going to voice my complaint with the BBB and hope that others do to.  Maybe if they suddenly recieve 1000's of complaints they will realize that Netzero doesn't deserve to be considered and accredited business.  Also I've found its a good idea to contact the attorney general regarding unfair business practices.

agricultural