Complaint Review: Netzero

• Reported By: Gilbert — San Antonio Texas
Netzero
21301 Burbank Blvd Woodland Hills, California USA

Netzero Hotspot ripoff Woodland Hills California

I ordered the Netzero Hotspot in August 2013.  Upon turning it on for the first time I noticed it was searching for a signal so I moved to another room in my home where I was able to get 1 bar of signal intermitantly.  I took the device outside and had the same problem.  I also noticed that when the device was on but I was not online, it was using kilobytes.  I bought an antenna for it and it did not help.  After about 10 days, I called customer service to terminate my account and the representative stated that if I cancelled I would have to pay $99.99 because I had not been charged for the device and was under a 1 year contract for service.  She said she would give me an extra 1 megabyte for 3 months if I agreed not to cancel.

I took the offer so that I could verify again my suspicions that they were not living up to their contract of providing a reliable 4G signal and to verify again that they were indeed using up kilobytes while the Hotspot was on but I was not on the internet. After testing the Hotspot again, I confirmed that my suspicions were correct.  They are not living up to their contract of providing a reliable 4G signal and worse, they were using up my kilobytes when I was offline. On 9/22/2013, I called customer service and cancelled and over my objection they had the audacity to charge me the $99.99 cancellation fee after they failed to meet the terms of their contract by providing a reliable 4G signal.  Apparently, this company does not value their customers or keep its contract obligations.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2013 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netzero/Woodland-Hills-California-91367/Netzero-Hotspot-ripoff-Woodland-Hills-California-1086748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netzero