Complaint Review: NetZero

• Updated: Sat, August 16, 2014

• Reported By: cmomc — Chattanooga Tennessee
21301 Burbank Blvd. Woodland Hills, California USA

NetZero Nerzero does not work, is a scam/ripoff. Woodland Hills California

I ordered the Netzero stick for wireless service. Received the stick on Fri. It would connect to the Internet but when you leave our Homepage (MSN and Google), we would get the message "Unable to connect to the Internet" with a dragon or dinosaur pictured below the statement. I called the next day, Sat., and was told to: Sit by a window; Do you have a satellite dish and if so, move as far away from it as you can; Can you move the stick to another port? (did that); Please call back in four hours; Please remove software and re-install it (done three times); Please go somewhere that has wireless service and download our drivers (I used my neighbors);

At 11:00 p.m., I was tired and asked them to refund my money and I was returning the stick. I am taking university classes and must have Internet. Rude, talked over me; the technical support guy did not know what he was doing, he kept putting me on hold so he could talk to a tech. supervisor; and they're are probably more but I am tired. Netzero refused a refund and will send me another one; I asked what good is another one if it won't connect to the Internet? I called Discover and explained the problem to them. I have to wait 15 days until this charge is posted to my account and call them again. They will take over the complaint then. I am returning this stick and am posting anywhere I can post that Netzero does not work and is, in my opinion, a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2014 08:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NetZero/Woodland-Hills-California-91367/NetZero-Nerzero-does-not-work-is-a-scamripoff-Woodland-Hills-California-1170269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NetZero