Complaint Review: Nevada Highway Patrol

• Updated: Tue, November 05, 2013

• Reported By: las vegas business victim — henderson Nevada
Nevada Highway Patrol
4615 W Sunset Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89118 Henderson, Nevada USA

Nevada Highway Patrol Officer Dunbar Not Fair Treatment for People The Follow The Law ! Henderson Nevada

Dear NHP :
I want to express my opinion on how bad your department is.
On 10-1-2013 I had an accident on Hwy 215.
A dump truck lost his driveshaft where I ran over it experiencing damage to my car.
I did an accident report with office Dunbar.
He said at that time "the driver says his insurance might be lapsed"
Officer tells me this with a big smile on his face.
Then he tells me if I have any problems to call him at the local NHP office.
I reported the accident to Progressive Insurance where the driver is supposed to be insured.
A week passes and I'm told by Progressive is having problems finding a record on the drive.
I provided many photo's I took of the accident, driver, the truck, the license plate and contents dropped
by the truck.
Here  I am 35 days later finding out that officer Dunbar put in a incorrect accident report number:
130900032 which I was told today the numbers 1309 would stand for September and it should have read 131000032.
And how would I supposed to know this ? And what is wrong with your officer ?
And, I DID call officer Dunbar in early October and left a voice mail explaining I was have a problem, with NO
call back.
This is totally giving the WRONG MESSAGE :
1. You can drive without insurance and get away with it.
2. The trained officer makes a BIG mistake to delay a claim from the insured victim.
3. The people that answer the phone at your local NHP can be rude about it over the phone.
This is UNBELIEVABLE what state employed workers or any other city or county workers are allowed to get away with !
This letter will be shared with the PUBLIC to make awareness that YOU ARE NOT GOD ! GET OVER YOURSELVES !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2013 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nevada-Highway-Patrol/Henderson-Nevada-89118/Nevada-Highway-Patrol-Officer-Dunbar-Not-Fair-Treatment-for-People-The-Follow-The-Law-H-1097179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nevada Highway Patrol