Complaint Review: New England Retail Express

• Updated: Mon, July 29, 2013

• Reported By: Annoyed — Washington Dist of Columbia
New England Retail Express
7940 Notes Dr Manassas, Virginia USA

New England Retail Express, HomeDirect Failure to deliver, rude, horrible service, poor management, incompetence Manassas Virginia

I ordered a sectional set to be delivered between 2-6pm (the time slot the movers had given me). The company who managed my shipment (HomeDirect) contracted this shipment out to the New England Retail Express moving company. At 4pm I realized I had missed calls (by 6 minutes) from the driver and the company, so I called the company (New England movers) to make sure that the driver did not cancel my delivery. The company put me on hold and contacted the driver. They then assured me that everything was in order, that the driver was still on his way, and that he'd arrive in 20-30 minutes. I waited 40 minutes and then recalled the company back. The person who answered the phone assured me that he was still on his way but that he was stuck in traffic. I ended up waiting until 530pm and then called the company twice and then the driver at 6pm. The company did not pick up and the driver answered and told me that because I did not answer the phone call he made to me he did not deliver the couch. I then told him that I contacted the company right after I saw the missed call and they had assured that, after putting me on hold, they talked to him and that the couch was on the way. It also would have been more professional of him to call me more than once. He only called me when he was on his way (20-30 minutes away), but he didn't even bother to call me to when he arrived. He also claimed he knocked on my door, which I know is untrue because I live in an apartment that would not allow any non-resident in without proper confirmation from a resident, and if he had talked to the concierge I would have been informed.  Therefore, I question whether or not he even bothered to come to my apartment. Regardless, he essentially blamed it all on me and told me, "If you don't want to hear it then you don't have to talk to me," and then hung up the phone. Who does that?!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2013 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-England-Retail-Express/Manassas-Virginia-20109/New-England-Retail-Express-HomeDirect-Failure-to-deliver-rude-horrible-service-poor-m-1070970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New England Retail Express