Blanche

• Updated: Mon, January 20, 2014

• Reported By: Michelle — Big Bear Lake California
New Home Moving and Storage
840 Gateway Drive San Mateo, California USA

New Home Moving and Storage DOES NOT GIVE REFUNDS ON DEPOSIT MONEY San Mateo California

I hired New Home Moving and Storage to move my furniture from Big Bear California to Albuquerque, NM.  The first date of pick they did not show or call.  I called them and they said they had a flat tire on the truck.  3 days later they did show up.

They said i had double the load then what was quoted to me on my listed inventory.  400 cubic  to 800 cubic.  The truck they had already had furniture in it and there was only about 450 cubic feet left on the truck.  So there was no way they could fit another 400.  However the rate was still at the 800 cubic price and they wanted another 250.00 up front.  When I questioned there wasnt enough room.  They left demanding i return the quote they gave me which i did not give back.

I requested my deposit be refunded and Daniel King told me on the phone it will be returned in 3 days on my credit card.  I never received the deposit.  this was in October 29th, 2014.  I have requested this refund over and over and over to no avail.  I get the same response.  I will do it and you will have in 3 days.  Today is 1/20/14 and I still do not have my refund of my deposit.

If this issue does not get settled.  I will be driving with a County Police Officer to their place and demand the refund.  He will be checking for immigrants that work there.  All for $90.00.  They jeapordize their company and employees for $90.00.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2014 01:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Home-Moving-and-Storage/San-Mateo-California-94404/New-Home-Moving-and-Storage-DOES-NOT-GIVE-REFUNDS-ON-DEPOSIT-MONEY-San-Mateo-California-1116897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Home Moving and Storage