Complaint Review: New Home Moving and Storage

• Updated: Sun, January 12, 2014

• Reported By: davisyong48 — Sheboygan Wisconsin
New Home Moving and Storage
840 Gateway Drive San Mateo CA 94404 San Mateo, California USA

New Home Moving and Storage Lost major appliances and rip off San Mateo California

I am writing this based on my experience with this company.  What people reported about stealing items is true.  I hope I saw these reports and complaints before using their crapy service.  It is a very huge ripoff that I ever faced in my life.  And I am very sure that the 4 issues reported below could be repeated for many people in the future.

1. The company provided an estimation which is way off from what I actually have to pay. Triple times the estimated amount.

2. The movers wrapped my stuffs up without my permission when I already told the representative over the phone before the moving date that I didn't want any wrapping materials and I will do the wrapping myself.  I was not home so asked my brother to be there during the moving.  The movers came and wrapped my very old mattress and charged $600.  I refused to pay because I didn't ask them to do so.  After a very long discussion, I paid them about half of the charge.  My mattress won't even cost that much.

3.  When they were about two days to the destination, they called and asked for permission to allow them to use the shuttle.  The shuttle is a small truck to transfer items between the big truck and the new home or destination home.  Shuttle service charge is $500.  I rejected the request and told them that I bought the door to door service.  They kept calling and trying to force me to use the shuttle.  They have threaten me in many ways.  1. They said if they cannot make the turn to the destination, then I have to pay them for wasting their time and plus the shuttle fee.  2. If they come and something breaks, then I have to pay for the damage.  3. If I don't want to use the shuttle, then they will not deliver my items.  4. They said they didn't have time.  I really didn't understand their service.  It is supposed to be door to door service but when they were on half way then they told me about this shuttle thing which I haven't heard of before and nothing mentioned during the reservation.  I rejected them no matters what they were coming from and to the point that I told them "do whatever you can to deliver my items but I will not pay for the extra fee.  If your driver can't drive to this destination home, then your driver cannot drive in the US because the destination home is located in the country side and the road is big becaue it is a two way road and no cars from the other direction."  They were still trying to force for a shuttle.  The lady from the transportation company yelled every single time we discussed this on the phone.  I still resisted not to use the shuttle or pay any extra and told them to unload my items to where they thought they couldn't go further.  Also I told them I would come and take pictures of the road and area where the driver couldn't make the turn and would see them in court.  The thing pissed me off is that the longest truck from another transportation company was able to deliver my cars without any complaints.  And why couldn't this company do it?  I think they were trying to rip me off for the extra $500.  After two days argument, the conclusion was to call me over to see why they couldn't make the turn if they claim so.  The truck didn't show up until 2 days later which delayed almost 48 hours from the time I was told and without any notification.  I was very pissed off because of the time wasted waiting and the thing is my relatives had to call off work to be home for the delivery.  Finally, they came and called me over to the turn where they claimed they couldn't make the turn.  I went there and watched him turn and guess what he didn't have any difficulty and only one turn through and no problem making the turn as expected.  Shame on this company for the rip off.

4.  They delivered all my items during night time so it was inconvenient to go through all the items until the morning.  In the first morning, I went through all the major appliances and found that my new huge LED TV was missing and a microvave was missing.  I called the company and they provided a form to fill out but in the form it said that they won't pay things in full and the amount pay could be much less the value of the appliances.  I had to call my own insurance to take care of this for me.  I think the driver/mover stole these important appliances.

I am very sure that the 4 issues reported above will be repeated for many people in the future.  Please take my words and be scrupulous.  This moving has caused lots of stress for me because all these issues.  I do hope this information helps you to make better decision on your moving.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2014 10:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Home-Moving-and-Storage/San-Mateo-California-94404/New-Home-Moving-and-Storage-Lost-major-appliances-and-rip-off-San-Mateo-California-1114893. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Home Moving and Storage