Complaint Review: New Hope Tutoring

• Updated: Wed, July 02, 2014

• Reported By: Valgal999 — woodland hills California
New Hope Tutoring
16015 kingsbury street granada hills, California USA

New Hope Tutoring New Hope academy, Jessica pride Beware of tutoring offered on craigslist by this individual granada hills California

*Consumer Comment: Great tutoring service

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Kelly Wali this is defamation of character.

*Consumer Comment: New Hope Tutoring is Awesome!

*Author of original report: THIER OWN EMAIL

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Absolutely

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: New Hope Tutoring is a Well Respected Tutoring Service

*Author of original report: website asks for fees in advance for a reason

Whatch out for new hope tutoring ran by Jessica Pride it is a ripoff they will promiss to tutor take your money and than refer you to someone else.  They will charge for consultation eventhough they promiss they can help you with the subject at hand.  I was charged 60.00 just for meeting with her.  after she recieved the money she emailed me and wanted 30.00 per hour to read a book so that she can brush up on her knowlege.  do not use her.  if you do make sure you pay after all service is complete. her ad is ran on craigslist.  if you want to be a good semeritan and not allow this to happen to anyone else please flag. (After 15 years of tutoring she came up with one reference, consisting of first name only lol)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2014 07:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Hope-Tutoring-/granada-hills-California-91344/New-Hope-Tutoring-New-Hope-academy-Jessica-pride-Beware-of-tutoring-offered-on-craigsli-1159194. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Hope Tutoring

Great tutoring service

AUTHOR: Dkberhow - (USA)

I know numerous families who have been helped immensely by Ms Pride's tutoring services. Her success and honesty is the reason these families come back to her over and over, year after year. I would not give this woman's opinion any amount of credibility.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Kelly Wali this is defamation of character.

AUTHOR: New Hope Tutoring - (USA)

Kelly Wali this is defamation of character. Remove this post or I will sue you for defamation of character, lost business due to this post, and the $60 you were wrongly refunded. You already got your money back even though I wasted my time tutoring you and got nothing for it. You are the one who is ripping people off here. I do occasionally receive requests from prospective clients to do their work for them, but they actually tell me upfront what they want so I can tell them I will not do that before they waste their time and money on a tutoring session. Your mistake was coming for a regular tutoring session, expecting me to write your paper for you. I was over 8 months pregnant at the time as you know. I only referred you to another tutor because you were being so difficult and I couldn't deal with the stress of dealing with you while pregnant. I was just too polite to say that. You won't find another client who is unhappy with my service. I've been tutoring for over 20 years and this is the first negatine report ever posted about me. Classy of you to attack a pregnant woman.

New Hope Tutoring is Awesome!

AUTHOR: Desiree Nagid - (USA)

My kids have been going to New Hope Tutoring on and off for 3 years now. Jessica is an excellent tutor and has helped them tremendously in math and science. Jessica really takes the time to explain to them in a way that the teacher doesn't. My kids really understand and finally get math when she explains it. She is kind and patient too. You will not be disappointed if you hire Jessica Pride and New Hope Tutoring!

THIER OWN EMAIL

AUTHOR: Valgal - ()

Its ironic how new hope tutoring (ms. Pride)  developed a concious after she accepted the project and the sixity dollars. She was not aware that she had not read the book before she was paid.  thats why I highly advise not paying in advance In her rebuttle she stated

I wanted her write the project for me now it appears she was only to revise.  A ligetimate tutoring service will also give you a tax id number not take the cash and run. If you want a ligitimate tutoring service go to wyzant.com they screen their tutors.

To valgal999@yahoo.com

May 28

Okay, I have a tutor who's an English major. Since you want to get this done in as little tutoring time as possible I think you'd be better off working with him. It is difficult for me to figure out how to help you with the information you are giving me. I'd be more comfortable if I had read the book. So I'm going to forward your email to my tutor. He will look over your assignment and contact you. He's great. You'll be happy with his help.

New Hope Tutoring

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Absolutely

AUTHOR: New Hope Tutoring - ()

Of course fees are required in advance. Unfortunately not all people are honest. Some people will take advantage of others if they are given the opportunity. My clients generally understand that and have no problem paying in advance. Ample references are available upon request. I do not post my clients' information on my website for their privacy.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

New Hope Tutoring is a Well Respected Tutoring Service

AUTHOR: New Hope Tutoring - ()

This woman is displeased because she expected me to write her paper for her, and i did not comply. She was a returning customer. Apparently she was satisfied with the tutoring she had recieved in the past. She also paid me after our tutoring session, not before as she claims.

Ms. Wali was not willing to do any work on her own to improve her paper. She asked me to "just fill it in so it will pass." She wanted me to turn a 2 page paper with no thesis statement and no suitable points into a 10 page paper. I never claimed that I would write the paper for her. I only offered to help her improve her writing. I am a legitimate tutor, not a plagarizer.

I also never asked to be paid to read a book. I asked Ms. Wali to send me her sources and the novel her paper was based on, but never asked to be paid for the time it would take to read them.

I tutored Ms. Wali for one hour reading her paper and her professors instructions and advising her on what she needed to do to meet the requirements of the assignment. This was not a consultation. We never discussed a free consultation.

Anyone who has come to me for actual tutoring has been completely satisfied with the service I provided. I have numerous long-term clients and referrals from satisfied clients.

website asks for fees in advance for a reason

AUTHOR: Valgal - ()

website is newhopetutoring.com  fees charged in advance for a reason.