Complaint Review: New Horizons Computer Learning Center

• Submitted: Fri, May 25, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, April 09, 2009

• Reported By:Miami Florida
New Horizons Computer Learning Center
7757 West Flagler Street Miami, Florida U.S.A.

New Horizons Computer Learning Center Deceptive Scam Artists Miami Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Helping Our Clients Achieve Success

*Consumer Suggestion: Watch out for Red Carpet Technologies

*Consumer Suggestion: Newhorizonsmiami.com Scam New Horizons Miami/Fort Lauderdale

*Consumer Suggestion: NewHorizonsMiami.com New Horizons Scam

I also experienced scam tactics from this so called school. I should've realized it at the time but I guess I was just naive to sales tactics. I was "cold" called at work about this wonderful institution. I though maybe they got my name from someone at Miami-Dade College but now I realize they probably were just calling from a phone book and asking for someone in management. I went in, looked over the courses, applied for student loans and when I was approved for the loan I signed up for the courses. I never saw a dime of the money and they must have signed me up in advance for over $18,000 in courses.

Probably 1/3 of the way through, I realized that this was bogus. The courses ran no more than 5 days per course. The teaching was laughable. We should have been taking these classes in semester loads with hands on training and so forth. Even the A+ class was taught in 5 days. When I realized it, I asked for my money back and was refused. When I contacted Sallie Mae, they didn't care. They paid New Horizons in full, for classes that hadn't even been taken yet and as far as they were concerned it was my problem. What a scam.

Lori
Miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2007 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Horizons-Computer-Learning-Center/Miami-Florida-33144/New-Horizons-Computer-Learning-Center-Deceptive-Scam-Artists-Miami-Florida-250341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Horizons Computer Learning Center

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Helping Our Clients Achieve Success

AUTHOR: Arnie Girnun - (U.S.A.)

1. We are focused on ensuring we exceed our cleints learning needs and focus on assisting our clients in securing a career in IT. We have helped hundreds of students achieve their dream through a career in IT.

2. If you would like to have your issues addressed please contact me directly, Arnie Girnun. I am the owner of the business and will work to address any issues you may have encountered. My number is 305-265-7576.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Watch out for Red Carpet Technologies

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

Got a call from New Horizons Training. They are posting ads for Help Desk and Network Administrators under the Name of Red Carpet Technologies. So keep your eye out for this company on Yahoo and Monsterjobs.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Newhorizonsmiami.com Scam New Horizons Miami/Fort Lauderdale

AUTHOR: Mandy - (U.S.A.)

Just got off the phone with Commission for Independent Education in Florida and they stated that their is an investigation against New Horizons in Miami & Ft. Lauderdale. They are in the process of gathering all complaints against the school and that they will respond in the near future. I was surprised of their response and that they are aware of the several issues with this so called educational institution. I will keep you posted if I hear anything new.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

NewHorizonsMiami.com New Horizons Scam

AUTHOR: Mandy - (U.S.A.)

I suggest you notify the CIE or Commission for Independent Education. My story is similar with this school and i am still waiting for New Horizons to refund my money. I only took 1 class and felt that the instructor was just not up to date with the material. They then pushed the date of my next class to another date and actually requested if i could take the class in Miami. I requested a refund and was promised a response within 30 days. It never happened, I think the school is having financial troubles. Please post an update to your story so I can find out what happens. Thanks.

MS