Complaint Review: New Jersey Gas & Electric

New Jersey Gas & Electric
1 Bridge Plaza 2nd Floor Ft. Lee, New Jersey USA

New Jersey Gas & Electric Electric Rip OFF don't change co's Ft. Lee New Jersey

*UPDATE Employee: NJG&E's Response to Customer Rebuttal

*Author of original report: Not resolved

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Issue Resolved

I changed suppliers from AC electric to NJG&E I was told it would save me money. I was also told that if I switched they would give me back my highest bill after having them for 1 year. The year came and went no refund of highest bill. Waited a few months still nothing when I called there they told me it was a Rebate and that it had expired. No one ever told me it was a rebate and that there was a form to fill out and I was never mailed the information. So on May 7th 2013 I canceled my service with NJG&E . This bill is for my campground service my highest bill last year in the heat of the summer was $45.00 I only use it on the weekends.

I canceled in May just got a May-June bill for $50.00 higher then I have paid in the last year AC electric charged me 19.88 for the same usage NJG&E charged me 30.87 for same usage so you tell me where the savings is. I will tell you there is none just being riped off the bill is not exceptable and when I called I got no where with them they told me I was on a variable rate program so basicaly they can charge you whatever they want. Have friends at same campground that are there alot more then I am and running their A/C alot more than I am and there bill was only $40.00

So when some one calls and asks you to switch over don't do it. I am only glad I did this with my campground electric and not my home. Very dissatified.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 08:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Jersey-Gas-Electric/Ft-Lee-New-Jersey-07728/New-Jersey-Gas-Electric-Electric-Rip-OFF-dont-change-cos-Ft-Lee-New-Jersey-1063790. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Jersey Gas & Electric

NJG&E's Response to Customer Rebuttal

AUTHOR: U.S. Gas & Electric - ()

New Jersey Gas & Electric (“NJG&E”) would like to respond to complaint author’s rebuttal to NJG&E’s initial response submitted July 17, 2013.  NJG&E trains its representatives to be very clear about NJG&E and the programs we offer.  All of our representatives are monitored to ensure that they present the program accurately and to ensure that they clearly identify the company as NJG&E.

In regards to the alleged rebate she was promised by NJG&E on July 10, 2013, NJG&E conducted research of its records and found that contrary to the allegations contained in the customer’s rebuttal that NJG&E informed her that she “would be getting a check for my [the customer’s] largest bill minus 12%”, we have confirmed that during our telephone conversation with the customer, NJG&E advised the customer that we would honor our commitment and issue the customer a 12% rebate off of her single highest month’s supply charge, as stated in her welcome package.  Furthermore, NJG&E reiterates that, contrary to the customer’s assertions that she “never got the welcome package I [the customer] was promised”, we sent a welcome package upon the customer’s enrollment in October, 2011.  NJG&E concludes that the allegations contained in the customer’s rebuttal are inaccurate and that no further monies are owed to this customer.

NJG&E has acted in good-faith and has attempted to resolve this customer’s complaint in accordance with the rules and regulations of the State of New Jersey.

NJG&E considers this matter closed.

Not resolved

AUTHOR: mimosamom - ()

They think this is resolved let me tell you how i never got the welcome package i was promised and then someone called me and told me i would be getting a check for my largest bill minus 12% . So today i got my check it is for 3.22 when i called NJG&E i was told that the rebate was that you only get 12% of you highest bill. That is not what they promise you they said they deduct 12% off your highest bill. Biggest rip off ever. They are supposed to resolve this matter. Just madder by the day.

Good riddens NJG&E

Customer Issue Resolved

AUTHOR: U.S. Gas & Electric - ()

New Jersey Gas & Electric ("NJG&E") contacted the author of this post on July 10, 2013, in regards to her concern with the rates associated with her electric account and the alleged rebate this customer was promised.  During this call, a NJG&E representative explained to the customer that NJG&E’s energy program does not rebate “the highest bill” as assumed by the customer, but does, however, issue a 12% rebate off a customer’s single highest month supply charge after 12 months of service with NJG&E, upon receipt of the customer’s mail-in rebate certificate.

This customer’s electric account began receiving electric supply from NJG&E on December 14, 2011, and was enrolled in NJG&E’s variable rate program, which is a variable rate that fluctuates monthly and is not guaranteed to be lower than the utility.  Contrary to this customer’s allegations that “no one ever told me it was a rebate” and that she “was never mailed the information”, please be advised that a welcome package was sent to this customer on October 28, 2011, which summarized the variable rate program the customer enrolled her electric account into, along with our terms and conditions, which clearly outlined the product and the term of the offer and included a mail-in rebate certificate for the 12% rebate after 12 months of service with NJG&E on the single highest month of service.

On May 7, 2013, this customer contacted our customer service department to inquire about an alleged rebate she feels was owed to her.  Our customer service representative reviewed with the customer the variable rate program and explained that the mail-in rebate certificate was included in her welcome package which was sent upon enrollment.  Nevertheless, this customer requested cancellation of her electric account with NJG&E.  We have confirmed that her electric account returned to the utility on June 14, 2013.

Upon learning of this post, NJG&E conducted an account analysis of this customer’s electric account.  We have compared NJG&E's rates with the utility's rates and found that, contrary to this customer’s assertions, this customer has saved money with NJG&E compared to what she would have paid with the utility since she began receiving electric supply from NJG&E.  Nonetheless, as a good-faith gesture, NJG&E will send to this customer a 12% rebate off of her highest single month’s supply charge as specified at the time of enrollment.  NJG&E concludes the allegations contained in this customer’s post to be unfounded.

We regret any inconvenience this customer may have experienced with NJG&E.  NJG&E prides itself on our sales and customer service teams and the ongoing training that we provide.  We will continue to monitor our sales and customer service teams to maintain the quality of our sales and customer service calls.

NJG&E has upheld its contractual obligations, is in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and considers this matter closed.