Complaint Review: New Light Marketing

New Light Marketing
2825 n mayfair rd #6 wauwatosa, Wisconsin USA

New Light Marketing DO NOT TRUST THIS "COMPANY"!!! wauwatosa Wisconsin

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Scam Scam Scam

I am writting this review only because I have been manipulated and ripped off by this company for time and money. I have NEVER written a bad review about anybody or any company before this. i really hope that it helps other peiople to stay away from this crook...

First, I received a call from a girl named Allison saying she reviewed my resume and I fit the description for a Marketing Manager I applied for on Monster. Because of my previous sales jobs and success in the Advertising field, I figured Id give the interview a try. So I scheduled to meet with their "Hiring Manager" Leigh Jackson(who is the Hiring Manager, the Sales Trainer, the Founder/President, the SCAMER...) He told me that the job is representing Directv at ENTRY LEVEL(which Allison told me I fit the manager position) inside of stores like Sams Club, Menards, and Best Buy,

with  a Management Training Program that is reachable within 9-12 months. He also told me that it was a Salary plus Commision paying job, working only 40 hours a week. The interview was short and there were 5 other people in his lobby waiting for an interview, one of which was wearing a baseball hat!! This made me question the class of this business right away. After Leigh Jackson rushed through my interview, not answering any of my questions about the pay in full, he scheduled a SecondInterview for me to shadow him performing the job.

The Second Interview was hosted at a Sams Club in Waukesha about 15 miles away from his office, which Ididnt mind. Myself and 3 other people were going to the Second Interview that day. Well, I was the only person who had a car so Leigh insisted that they would ride in my car with me. So trying to be kind and easy, I agreed to let 2 hoodlums and a ghetto chick in my nice car. One of the guys lit up a cigeratte without even asking on the way!

At the second interview I was told that I would get paid a base of around $400/week OR a commision of up to $150 each Directv subscription I sold. I would receive which ever was greater whoch sounded good t me knowing my sales experience. I was thinking "Wow, all I have to do is sell 8 a week to get $1000...not bad". Well, this was completley false. I was than scheduked for a third interview.

During the third interview I was offered the position and I took it.

I started the job the next week. I was sent to the same Sams Club I was interviewed at and sold 2 my first day and 2 my second day. Thinking I made $600 in just 2 days. Not too bad. That week I sold 7 packages, thinking and being bosted about in the sales office for making $850 my first week. The second week I sold 6, suppose to make $700. Well my first check was $388.72 for my first week. After confronting Leigh about my check, I was told that only 3 of my 7 got installed so I was only getting paid on those 3. I never recieved my second check after quitting because of this companies shady tactics.

Dont waist your time with this company. Thankfuly I caught on after waisting 2 weeks insteead of investing a lot of my time like some of the people there. A company like this only gets rich off of foolish people that will work for them at rates that would be illegal if it wer a hourly wage. They try to show you the shiny parts of what other people who have ripped off their employees have. They will take advantage of you as much as possible. THEY WILL LIE TO YOU. I hope this helps other people who were in the same position of me...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2014 08:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Light-Marketing/wauwatosa-Wisconsin-53212/New-Light-Marketing-DO-NOT-TRUST-THIS-COMPANY-wauwatosa-Wisconsin-1135007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Light Marketing

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Scam Scam Scam

AUTHOR: Dysfunctional - (USA)

this comapny is a joke leigh is a joke his office attendant is a joke. long story short you get hired.... I dont have the statistics but hiring rate is impressive but thats due to the quiting of employes quiting once they realise and wise up to the scam he is pulling!  little back ground a friend refered me to this job he was a few weeks in and thought it was awesome but it was also his first real job didnt know better at the time. After i was hired leigh told me that i was going to be driving to a sams club. okay sounds good.... oh but i also have to take him and drop him off elsewhere because he shares a car with the sketchy office lady and for what ever reason she needs it. then there was the days i had to take random Janes and johns to their stores because they dont have a car?! like realy who hires people that dont have a reasonable form of transportation? then we a told to meet at the office every morning to talk about basically nothing then sent on our way to our stores which could have been up to 45 min out. ur required to work X amount of ours.... but he will bit8h and complain n tell you that u will not make it in the world if you do not pretty much close the store down everynight so 7-8-9pm

last thing i feel like wasting time on is i believe the term was "cut back" he will not mention it till its to late and easiest way to explain this is say your base pay is $300 a week so on your worst week u will still leave with $300 which yeah that sounds kinda nice not enough to pay any bills obviously but nice to fall back on. so say for every "Compleated" install you have u earn$100 i dont compleatly recall the exact amout belive it might be a little more but for simplicity of my point we will say $100  so say its your first week and you get two installs which technically u would only get $200 but mr generous leigh will still give u $300 isnt he nice?  now say week two comes and goes and boom u got 4 compleated installs guess how much money u get? $300 because the extra instal u got goes right back to leigh for that extra hundred he gave u last week. so unless you have alot of money to waste  or you have the Sales Skills to sell nuns Playboys Subscriptions (some days that will feel easier) i suggest you  just laugh at this post and the plenty others you will find and just keep looking for a good job/career