Complaint Review: New Planet Moving and Storage

• Updated: Sat, July 20, 2013

• Reported By: Cookee9057 — Las Vegas Nevada
New Planet Moving and Storage
4420 Andrews St Ste C North Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Provided an unreadable list of items that were packed and tagged. Due to this, there was no real way to track my items.

I paid for packing materials but they weren’t used by packers. Materials such as my drapes, sheets, towels, etc were used. Items such as empty, plastic renuzit (room freshener gel) was protectively packed, yet breakables weren’t. Filthy and unsanitary items such as used kitty litter items were mixed in with towels, unwrapped.

When it came time for delivery, they forced me into accepting an early delivery, telling me that my items had already been packed and were on their way. The expected (and forced upon me) early delivery date was not met, they didn’t even call me in advance to tell me that they weren’t going to be there on the day they forced me into. Even after calling and complaining to management, they didn’t call to explain or apologize why they didn’t make the date they said they would be there.

Delivery was the worst. At about ¾ of the way done with the job, they got tired and decided to not finish the job. I had to put together major items (king size bed) myself, they claimed to have no tools and that my drill wasn’t working, yet, I was able to get my tools to work myself to complete the assembly of my bed. I was told by the driver (Brian) that I couldn’t keep telling him where to put stuff (really? I thought that’s what I was paying for). They left the house in absolute shambles (see attached pictures). They didn’t put any items where they would ultimately go or stack any boxes as did all previous reputable moving companies I have used (United Van Lines, 2 Men and a Truck).  They told me they needed to hurry up and finish and attend to the complaint they received for the job before mine, not surprised they got one.

But the worst is yet to come….my items were moved in on a Thursday, on Saturday morning, I came home from work at 945AM and found all of my electronics stolen. My house had been broken into and only my TVs and computer monitor were missing. Yet, these items were still in non-descript brown moving boxes that didn’t say they contained electronics. But the movers knew what were in these boxes because they asked me about them. I am sure it was them that stole them. A police report has been filed and their names have been given.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2013 09:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Planet-Moving-and-Storage/North-Las-Vegas-Nevada-89081/New-Planet-Moving-and-Storage-BUYER-BE-WARE-THIS-COMPANY-IS-FULL-OF-LIARS-CRIMINALS-AND-1068786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Planet Moving and Storage