Complaint Review: n.e.w.

• Updated: Wed, March 13, 2013

• Reported By: Jean — new widsor New York United States of America
n.e.w.
p.o. box 1458, sterling, va. 20167 sterling, Virginia United States of America

n.e.w. Aka, national electronics warranty, disreputable company sterling, Virginia

*Consumer Comment: N.E.W. Customer Service Companies INC. Is the extended warranty sold at Sams Club also

I purchased an ipod @walmart.com and also purchased a Walmart product care warranty. Turns out the warranty is supplied by N.E.W. When you call for warranty service they answer the phone "Walmart product care"

I called them five times over a five week period. Each time they promised to send a return label so I could send the ipod in for repair. The last time i spoke to a supervisor, Julie, id #505668. She told me that because so much time had passed they, would send me a new ipod if they had one, and if they did not, they would refund my money. she told me that someone from service solutions would call me. No one ever called.

I have a broken ipod and paid extra for a useless warranty. I hope Walmart recognizes that they have partnered with a disreputable company.

I am in the process of filing a complaint with the Virginia state Attorneys office. N.E.W., which stands for Natiional Electronics Warranty, and also goes by the name, Walmart Product Care.

N.E.W. does not list an email, corporate phone number or street address....These are red flags, and comsumer protection agencies need to be aware of companies such as N.E.W., and also of companies such as Walmart which partners with them. .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2013 08:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/new/sterling-Virginia-20167/new-Aka-national-electronics-warranty-disreputable-company-sterling-Virginia-1024320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on n.e.w.

AUTHOR: K - (USA)

I too have been getting the run around from this company concerning a defective laptop I purchased. These extended warranty's are JUNK. After 3 times of being sent in for repairs on the same issues plus new issues I believe their service center caused I'm now being told after THEY submitted a No Lemon Policy request that they changed the second service to a re-check? Who does that? not a reputable company that's for sure.

They seem to have a angle to keep from giving the consumer what they were sold! I filed a complaint with the BBB in VA where the P.O. Box is located and also Washington where supposedly the Corporate headquarters is said to be located, I also filed a complaint with The Attorney General Office, and Sams Club Corporate Office.

I'm waiting for someone to re-ply. Just wanted to let you know your not alone ,and the warranty company has had over 600 complaints filed with the BBB. Check it out You will be shocked to see all the other names being used by this company ..and Good Luck to you.